Remove Entrance Fees

Florida

We need our entrance fee's to run ads and keep our prices for everything inside the business low for the RP, yeah sure you shouldn't have to pay a grand to walk in the door of a night club just to get robbed and lose more anyway but a lot of us actually need that money just to run the business. It's either we have to charge an entrance fee or charge out the ass for the "Roleplay" items we provide in the business.

Edited by Tryanide
4 minutes ago, Thread said:

Advertisements are a drop in the bucket, come on. I don't think anyone would have an issue with bars charging for drinks, or diners charging for food. It's all for the sake of realism.

Because of the entrance fee, we charge realistic prices for food and beverages. I wouldn't charge $50-$100 for a couple of drinks just to make profit because that doesn't seem like it would do anything for the sake of realism, either.

4 minutes ago, Thread said:

I'm not estimating anything. My point is, why are you concerned about the money? So what if you end up in the red financially? Isn't it about the roleplay at the end of the day? If you're still worried about money, then like @Florida said, monetize your business further.

Well I'll be the first to agree that money is not everything in Roleplay.

But on the other hand, if you ICly have a business and you're ICly losing money when you're opening it rather than earning it, you're gonna ICly close down that business. And then who's gonna provide that RP that people should be here for?

sure, roleplay is more important than money. but put yourselves in the shoes of a business owner now. those guys aren't really making a fortune from your entrance fees. it is actually barely enough to keep a place running. do you blame him for wanting to provide roleplay without going bankrupt?

therefore  i disagree

Edited by Bloodseeker

I have to disagree with this. Most of the points im about to make have already been made. But on average it can cost 2 - 3 Thousand to open with only 1 bar tender. We rely on entrance fees to cover this so we can keep opening the bar and keep the proces at $4 per beer rather than $40.

I agree that a $500 entrance fee is way to high. But i think this is more of an IC issue, if you dont agree with what a business is charging.. then dont enter and boycot that business. 

At 2-3 thousand per opening and about 20 people entering per opening. A reasonable amount to charge in my opinion is between $100 and $200. However i dont think it should be capped, leaving it uncapped allows businesses to host events such as VIP night.. or parties in which they charge more to enter.

• Upvote 1
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Kill3rkrok said:

I have to disagree with this. Most of the points im about to make have already been made. But on average it can cost 2 - 3 Thousand to open with only 1 bar tender. We rely on entrance fees to cover this so we can keep opening the bar and keep the proces at $4 per beer rather than $40.

I agree that a $500 entrance fee is way to high. But i think this is more of an IC issue, if you dont agree with what a business is charging.. then dont enter and boycot that business. 

At 2-3 thousand per opening and about 20 people entering per opening. A reasonable amount to charge in my opinion is between $100 and $200. However i dont think it should be capped, leaving it uncapped allows businesses to host events such as VIP night.. or parties in which they charge more to enter.

11 hours ago, Taunky said:

Because of the entrance fee, we charge realistic prices for food and beverages. I wouldn't charge $50-$100 for a couple of drinks just to make profit because that doesn't seem like it would do anything for the sake of realism, either.

This suggestion is not going to happen for the reasons stated above. In Real Life you also have festivals and parties where you have to pay an entrance fee. Due to the economy it is not possible to be 100% accurate like Real Life and these entrance prices can be higher than RL ones. But a business shouldn't charge much for drinks/food/anything else if they already have a business entrance fee.

Thx for suggesting none the less.