Tenant/Roommate Listing or Number

El Cid

Short description: Tenant/Roommate Listing or Number

Detailed description: When you do /rent, have it list out the names or number of potential roommates.

Commands to add:N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would allow people to be aware if there are roommates and how many.  Names would let you know who is renting with you, so you can know if they're roommates or burglars.  I understand that could raise some meta-gaming concerns, so if not that, at least the number of people in there with you.  Realistically, you wouldn't pay rent on a place when you have no idea if someone is coming in your door.

Additional information: I've ran into issues twice now, once where I had no idea I had roommates and almost attacked a guy, and another where the other tenants didn't know I lived there and almost shot me.  This would help with that hopefully.  Thanks!

Don't support it. Seems like there is already lack of communication between you and your landlord, and the main reason why I believe the "rent" tab on the website should be removed. Your landlord should inform you of another tenant moving in prior to it happening, but I assume you might be renting a place from the website.

Remove the "houses for rent" tab on the website so the landlord is forced to actually put some effort into it and not just hope people rent it so they can earn money without any RP. If someone owns more than one property but can't even make the effort to actually promote RP as a landlord he/she shouldn't have it up for rent.

55 minutes ago, BobBob said:

Don't support it. Seems like there is already lack of communication between you and your landlord, and the main reason why I believe the "rent" tab on the website should be removed. Your landlord should inform you of another tenant moving in prior to it happening, but I assume you might be renting a place from the website.

Remove the "houses for rent" tab on the website so the landlord is forced to actually put some effort into it and not just hope people rent it so they can earn money without any RP. If someone owns more than one property but can't even make the effort to actually promote RP as a landlord he/she shouldn't have it up for rent.

I never met any of my landlords tbh.  I should clarify I'm strictly talking about the places you can do the /rent in game.  Which, I guess I'm not sure is possible to separate out.  But I agree, RP should be paramount, I just have never seen any of these types of landlords online.

• Upvote 1

I rented a place once, using the /rent script and not actually meeting the landlord. I learned I had like 5 different roommates over the course of a week in the two bedroom apartment.

I would VERY MUCH support a system that would tell you in advance that you've got roommates.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, BobBob said:

This is right, the entire system needs to be overhauled when it comes to renting. No roleplay, no residence. Limit interaction-less housing to hotels and motel rooms only.

• Upvote 1

There must be clear communication with the landlord and the tenants.

I rent an appartment at Vespucci, while I am the landlord of an appartment in Alta. I even have an actual rental contract for the property and peoplr cant /rent if I dont allow it. I briefly enable /rent when the tenant RPed signing a contract.

Simply disallow /rent to be available when the landlord is offline, and force the landlord to be in the property to approve a /rent. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic