Should Police Vehicles Be Upgraded?

corsah

41 minutes ago, nateX said:

I disagree. If you can't afford to maintain a vehicle - don't own it. I have had my taxi and bike for 4+ months and all together I've spent 1.9k on maintenance. Their job quite literally is almost fully based around driving, while it's up to you as civilian worker or whatever you choose to RP to decide how much you drive. The change was initially put in to add some sort of balance for people that base their whole RP around driving. To add some repercussion, maintenance costs et cetera. Realistically - the government would pay for maintaining the police vehicles and not the officer himself.

I can afford my car's maintenance easily. I'm not someone who buys a 300k car when I only have 500k assets. Changing the maintenance cost isn't about being able to afford it for us, it's about making it fair for all players. It is obvious that police officers drive around all the time, but the government pays for the maintenance of their fleet, and making it a more realistic cost can add to the realism of the vehicle script.

10 minutes ago, my_g said:

I’m not so sure, police cars have always been able to keep up in every chase I’ve been in and that’s not even mentioning the support they have be it through voip communications and additional units including air units.

Maybe that's an issue on your end. PD/SD don't catch every person they chase, just because you don't see it doesn't make it false.

No because it's balanced enough as it is. Why upgrade police cars now? To catch up to people who own sports cars in game? Why interfere with that? I cannot imagine the amount of reports that will go up on forums once someone evades PD. It already happens enough when you evade them present-day. Nothing needs to be changed.

Just now, Gambler said:

My question is, how is realistic for a PD vehicle, to keep up with a car that costs half a million?

I'll counter that by asking how is it realistic to evade PD in a car that costs half a million? Who would risk their assets like that?

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3

Interesting seeing the responses. Personally Its not too bad for me because every chase I have been in I have lost the cops but then again I used a really high performance vehicle. Is it the same for people with mid end cars that would smoke police cars IRL?