Used car dealerships

Aellerix

6 hours ago, goddessoflife said:

Yeah I've attempted to get a building leased with an entire plan, but because there are too many dealerships it was tossed. So those aiming for indoor dealerships don't get a chance as long as there are that many dealerships around anyway. 

And I would say, that is a problem. Putting peoples /bads over someone who actually wants to do it a step further and deliver a cool roleplay experience with a whole mapped interior is just bad priorities from PM.

If I open a bar without a license the FD is there within' minutes to tell me to get it, so I don't see why a license for a used car lot is such a bad thing. I would stand behind the license at least.

Fix: Add a player-owned dealership, similair to the server owned dealership script, were people can buy cars from a menu upon pressing Y, but there must be an employee hired to the script present to sell them the car, and they can also attempt to haggle with that employee, those ranked supervisor+ could be allowed to change vehicle price listing, add new cars, ect. This script could cost like 100k maybe, and you'd have to tell when applying for it the coords of the parking lot u want to use, so admins can see if its realistic. + They can deny new requests if they believe too many dealerships are being opened. 

This allows dealership owners employees to sell cars, makes owning a dealership a bigger investment since u have to pay for the script, and lets admins keep track of how much dealerships there are/monitor where they are being set up. Solves 3 problems in one, and imo solves literally every single problem you guys discussed on this thread.

IMO this suggestion is miles better than a license and solves much more problems than a license would, lemme know what you guys think.

Edited by Shekh
  • Applaud 1
5 hours ago, ChippySound said:

And I would say, that is a problem. Putting peoples /bads over someone who actually wants to do it a step further and deliver a cool roleplay experience with a whole mapped interior is just bad priorities from PM.

This is really strange. I have never really seen any indoor dealerships other than screenshots of the one mentioned earlier, although I haven't gone to every single /bad location ever advertised. Are they counting the outdoor dealerships as well?

Honestly everything about car dealership that is used is bad they dont roleplay well I ask about condition and stuff just to roleplay and they act like its literally perfect condition for used vehicles??????

I like the leasing system I opened a request right now for a Rhapsody because I really dont wanna deal with the used car dealers if they dont wanna rp properly

Plus no one does financing rp its like they never been in America where there is lot of Financing happening

4 hours ago, Shekh said:

This script could cost like 100k maybe

The problem is that, as a dealership owner, you make that 100k in an hour. And that's it. The large amount of dealerships and little RP involved are issues, but the biggest issue, by far, is that even if everything is perfectly role-played, the lucky people who run these dealerships will make millions per week. If you make a million dollars of profit a week, that's approximately fifty million in a year. That's ridiculous.

There has to be a cap to regulate this. Make it such that you have to keep a vehicle for a day / a week before you can sell it, and then we're talking about realism. That's the case for properties, why not for vehicles as well? If you want to make an investment, you think twice - in real life, you can't buy a car at 10 AM and sell it at 10:30 AM because it just doesn't happen.

The way dealerships operate must change. The roleplay quality provided by them is subpar.

The same thing applies to mechanics as well, fully modifying a car in 30 minutes (if that, even, some respray your car in 2 /mes) is extremely unrealistic.

I get that, not everyone has the patience to wait, but when it comes to roleplay, you gotta do things you like, and things you don't.

4 hours ago, Aellerix said:

The problem is that, as a dealership owner, you make that 100k in an hour. And that's it. The large amount of dealerships and little RP involved are issues, but the biggest issue, by far, is that even if everything is perfectly role-played, the lucky people who run these dealerships will make millions per week. If you make a million dollars of profit a week, that's approximately fifty million in a year. That's ridiculous.

There has to be a cap to regulate this. Make it such that you have to keep a vehicle for a day / a week before you can sell it, and then we're talking about realism. That's the case for properties, why not for vehicles as well? If you want to make an investment, you think twice - in real life, you can't buy a car at 10 AM and sell it at 10:30 AM because it just doesn't happen.

But there will only be a few dealerships if admins can regulate it, the problem seems to be these people are making a lot of money, but it is an industry with a lot of demand ingame. I can't really think of any other businesses this profitable, so if this business is as profitable as you say, just lock it behind applications that admins chose who gets similair to other business apps, the profitability doesn't seem to be the problem it's the fact so much people do it, we shouldn't aim to reduce profits instead just reduce the amount of dealerships and let these few people who own them get as much money as they want, I fail to see the problem.

The only thing I can maybe agree with is that you have to keep the car for a certain amount of time, but that still does't fix this problem you have it wont slim their profits by that much to make it worth while to even add as a rule, letting admins choose who gets the script is really the best option.

Edited by Shekh
31 minutes ago, resick said:

I wonder, why are you making this thread now that you're banned and not then, or the profit was nice, eh?

Of course it was nice, I'm not saying that it's not. I also am aware that it was highly unrealistic. Yes, I am banned, for unrelated reasons which still don't change the fact that dealerships are making millions in a matter of days by doing nothing but sit around. So again, I can't see where the connection is. I can bring it up whenever I want and I chose to do so now, then there you go.

And instead of bashing or inciting, you could contribute.

39 minutes ago, Shekh said:

But there will only be a few dealerships if admins can regulate it, the problem seems to be these people are making a lot of money, but it is an industry with a lot of demand ingame. I can't really think of any other businesses this profitable, so if this business is as profitable as you say, just lock it behind applications that admins chose who gets similair to other business apps, the profitability doesn't seem to be the problem it's the fact so much people do it, we shouldn't aim to reduce profits instead just reduce the amount of dealerships and let these few people who own them get as much money as they want, I fail to see the problem.

The only thing I can maybe agree with is that you have to keep the car for a certain amount of time, but that still does't fix this problem you have it wont slim their profits by that much to make it worth while to even add as a rule, letting admins choose who gets the script is really the best option.

Exactly but the thing is that if a dealership is OOCly forced to buy a vehicle, keep it for a week and only then sell it, there will be the time and space needed for all realistic roleplay to happen (inspecting it, applying the custom dealership plates, maybe taking it to a garage etc.) and the profits will be drastically slowed down, which will bring them to a normal. There's nothing wrong with a few people making millions but 99% of the times, they are not fully developing their characters, but rather have two immigrants arriving to Los Santos and making millions in a week from selling second-hand cars. That's the problem. If the current car rollover if of dozens a vehicle a day, changing that to dozens a week will make everything better.

It is supply and demand but it is also very damaging to the economy.