Lore/Setting change?

Hour

Advance the setting by ten years, post another economic crash. Make it so that crime is considerably easier than it is now, acquiring guns, drugs, etc. Make it so being a criminal is considerably harder than NOT being a criminal. Make it so the police force are more of an occupying force than a police force, modify the existing laws to give the 'police' more agency to make shit make more sense IC.

Because currently, think about it-- pretty much everyone is already doing illegal stuff IC in a world where a safer alternative exists, but if the world were... say, one in which criminal behavior was more the norm, wouldn't that force people to do cool stuff to reflect that?

I think something like this would make the setting considerably more interesting, having it be a more bleak oppressive place would make people feel more at liberty to play the tropes/fantasies they wanted because people in that world would naturally be more unhinged due to their surroundings/what it simply takes to get by.

Anyway, that's it.

TL:DR Make it a more dystopian, twisted version of the world we have now, make guns/drugs/etc easy to acquire, give police a huge amount of resources but make it so your police force is limited. Encourage infighting between criminal groups more than the police, have the police more as riot control for the masses or anything that gets too out of hand, like... corporate security would be.

I think it would be a fun and unique idea for the current status of the server, due to the low players and a huge map. However, I think if we hope to one day hit over +500 players at once, it wouldn't make sense as the legal RP would hopefully be flourishing.  The reason legal rp is basically non existent is because there is a lack of things to do as a legal rp'er. The best thing for a legal player is more players. 

2 hours ago, norrig said:

I think it would be a fun and unique idea for the current status of the server, due to the low players and a huge map. However, I think if we hope to one day hit over +500 players at once, it wouldn't make sense as the legal RP would hopefully be flourishing.  The reason legal rp is basically non existent is because there is a lack of things to do as a legal rp'er. The best thing for a legal player is more players. 

I think legal RP would be fine with an excess of players.

For the influential and wealthy.

• Bospy locked this topic