Shut down inactive factions (Be more strict)

MickeyO

Gotta agree with the majority here, I see numerous factions active daily out and about, doing their stuff. Just because they're not posting it could just be they're working on a project, don't have anything to post etc... I think it's fine the way it is atm.

8 hours ago, Bunting said:

Gotta agree with the majority here, I see numerous factions active daily out and about, doing their stuff. Just because they're not posting it could just be they're working on a project, don't have anything to post etc... I think it's fine the way it is atm.

i think this is mostly aimed towards illegal factions tho, theres a lot of illegal factions that barely post at all and thus not contributing to forums or server really. 

and blaming it on metagaming is retarded. if u know surely someone metagamed ur thread to get a advantage over you, report em. 

factions who do not post shouldn't be a faction at all.

onto the legal factions.

lone businesses shouldn't be a faction. fine if its a company that runs businesses or clubs but things like the orthodox church or whatever shouldn't have a full blown faction thread and shouldn't instead maybe be put in a “businesses” thread or something

20 hours ago, Sm1ley said:

Honestly, I think both FM and faction leaders should be more strict on screenshots. I've been in numerous factions were posting screens wasn't even mandatory because of laziness. I think FM should crack down more on this aswell since factions are taking up space without contributing for the forums or server.

My issue with screenshots it opens a window for MG and I bet there were incidents where it was looked over without noticing that it was MG'd by PD or another source.

No support, they could be active in game but not post screenshots for reasons of privacy or lack of content that they think it interesting. Maybe they don't all want to post repetitive screens of members robbing people or selling drugs, they can still be active on the server instead of rping only for screenshots.

27 minutes ago, Arielle said:

No support, they could be active in game but not post screenshots for reasons of privacy or lack of content that they think it interesting. Maybe they don't all want to post repetitive screens of members robbing people or selling drugs, they can still be active on the server instead of rping only for screenshots.

If they can't post screens, they shouldn't have a thread that's what the thread is for. It's to show faction media for people to look at. 

Personally I think 5 days is too restrictive unless you have a very large and active faction. Offshoot factions with larger community focused goals, like churches for example, should be allowed to develop at a slower pace as naturally I believe the meaningful interactions they have that are worthy of showcasing can be further between, and the smaller day-to-day interactions tend to be better suited for personal character development rather than the development of the faction. Simply having screenies doing a drug deal and meeting up with your boss once every five days just for the sake of forum activity does not seem conducive to the depth of roleplay the server seeks to achieve. Especially as their interactions are more likely to be in other various OOC/IC avenues such as advertising on the IC section of forums. I think this is a multifacted problem that does not have one distinct answer, but I do also think there is room for change. Perhaps have a distinction between Active RP factions (such as gangs, and MCs.) vs Passive RP factions (such as non-gang/unaffiliated churches, Workers Unions etc..)?

Edited by Jedbediah
On 7/4/2020 at 8:55 PM, Sm1ley said:

Honestly, I think both FM and faction leaders should be more strict on screenshots. I've been in numerous factions were posting screens wasn't even mandatory because of laziness. I think FM should crack down more on this aswell since factions are taking up space without contributing for the forums or server.

The screenshot RP mentality is honestly a very poor one. I'd much rather in-game activity dominating the activity barrier than thread activity, as the the in-game activity stands up more against thread activity anyways... there's a reason factions need to be accepted and scripted in, because FM can check faction in-game activity bars on a bi-monthly basis. 

The factions that were more driven by screenshots and not over all roleplay (not to bash), tended to have less quality RP in-game behind the scenes than the factions who focused more on over all roleplay. Screenshot RP is a really bad habit that needs to be rebelled against, as in my opinion not everyone is going to want to edit screens and honestly I only screenshot roleplay when I need to... forcing people to screenshot every single thing isn't going to make anything better than it already was, in-fact it'll do quite the opposite.

I like how it is at the moment, where everything stands because honestly? It feels like it's optional to be screenshot driven or activity driven via in-game, which is a nice balance to have... for those who love doing their screenshots and those who love roleplaying more than editing and edit when they want to.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

The screenshot RP mentality is honestly a very poor one. I'd much rather in-game activity dominating the activity barrier than thread activity, as the the in-game activity stands up more against thread activity anyways... there's a reason factions need to be accepted and scripted in, because FM can check faction in-game activity bars on a bi-monthly basis. 

The factions that were more driven by screenshots and not over all roleplay (not to bash), tended to have less quality RP in-game behind the scenes than the factions who focused more on over all roleplay. Screenshot RP is a really bad habit that needs to be rebelled against, as in my opinion not everyone is going to want to edit screens and honestly I only screenshot roleplay when I need to... forcing people to screenshot every single thing isn't going to make anything better than it already was, in-fact it'll do quite the opposite.

I like how it is at the moment, where everything stands because honestly? It feels like it's optional to be screenshot driven or activity driven via in-game, which is a nice balance to have... for those who love doing their screenshots and those who love roleplaying more than editing and edit when they want to.

Everything said here. I'm sure most of the community *besides screenshot RPers* agree. IG activity > Forum activity.

• mj2002 locked this topic