New Devices update..

9 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

I I hope there is some level of scrutiny for people who decide to play with this equipment. Generally installing them doesn't require too much expertise but I can already forsee 18 year old lesbian ricers suddenly becoming experts becoming experts in TSCM and shit. 

The equipment from on OOC standpoint will probably be heavily mitigated in respects to role-play, as in, if anyone's seen abusing it they'll definitely be dealt harsh punishments.

One pressing question about the devices is their range. Sure, they could reasonably listen in on any talking in a normal sized room..

But due to script limitations, that means it may hear someone speaking in /low through the wall or ceiling, in a different room or floor of the building. And anyone listening in wouldn’t be able to verify if they’re in the same room without admin help. 

2 hours ago, Havana said:

One pressing question about the devices is their range. Sure, they could reasonably listen in on any talking in a normal sized room..

But due to script limitations, that means it may hear someone speaking in /low through the wall or ceiling, in a different room or floor of the building. And anyone listening in wouldn’t be able to verify if they’re in the same room without admin help. 

The range is quite small so someone in another room will not really trigger the device

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic