Realistic prices, for realistic items.

1 hour ago, White Choco Chief said:

Although I do see your point, I'm still inclined to believe that entry fees are far too high. Why are you paying someone $1500 dollars for 2 hours work when we're trying to keep a realistic economy going? Surely you'd pay a realistic wage? You could, for instance, put your employees on a day rate and any shift they work they get paid the same rate of $100 as an example. I guess it's a culture shift that's required. People need to stop expecting high wages for minimum wage real life jobs and start working for the roleplay. People should also understand that within roleplay you would be expected to pay for the non-scripted items that you use. Maybe we could get some sort of register system set up with a command that charges a customer when they purchase a drink IC. For instance, the customer orders a beer that is $8, the bar person types /servedrink [ID] 8 and the buyer is charged $8 for their drink, which goes into the business bank. That's another suggestion for another time, though.

You have to take into consideration that people are not spending all of their time on the server. If I want someone to bartend its only fair that I pay them fair. It's still a game!

Costs shouldn't be forced down unless those leased fees are dropped.  I don't see how people expect to have leasing fees, government fees, and paying a respectable wage to employees while not allowing a reflective fee as well. The goal of the IC jobs is to discourage people from grinding instead. Right now, you do need to grind if you aren't getting that 5k paycheck. The people running a business need to be able to do all of those things and it is ridiculous to think that 'getting' to run a business at your expense for other people to have roleplay is a gift. Government contracts don't apply to all businesses.

A couple hour's of work is the equivalent of a real day's work shift. If you were doing a shift a day at $1,500 you're expecting $10,500 at the end of the week. The system that the server tries to instill is that the player economy will fix itself by having money just circulate.

I've run a lot of businesses on roleplay servers and the experience I've had is similar to the ones that have posted here. The fees you have to pay to keep it running pretty much make it you running it out of charity and sometimes breaking even or making a small profit. I agree with you OP but it's not as simple as putting a minimum or maximum fee. There are costs to run a business and that's without even having supplier businesses around to pay as well. Honestly, that $,1500 isn't even a lot anyways. You can make much more by grinding. That $1,500 is basically a minimum wage on here. I'm not saying nerf the grinding anymore either. I'm saying the costs should be relative. Business owners shouldn't basically be punished for providing RP. Even with those fees as they are, it doesn't solve the problem. 

If you want to come work eight hours a day at my business, I'll gladly pay you $80 a day to run a business for me and charge people realistic fees.

It's a game, and I'm assuming you don't want to have your unemployment wages per hour removed and you can work 1700 hours (10 months at 40 hours a week), to buy a basic $17,000 car, which is fairly cheap for a new vehicle. But that's assuming you don't spend a cent in ten months.

The prices in RP modes when it comes to specific fields are raised due to one reason and one reason alone: the amount of people in the world.

Sure, in real life you see a club open with hundreds of people entering it. This means that the minimum income just out of entry fees is at least 5000$, based that the entry fee is 50$. In the game, you will have approximately 50 to 1000 players online, and when a club opens, the peak amount of players in a club can't be any higher than 200, that means a total income of maximum 10000$. So this means that the price has to be inflated, otherwise there's no profit for the owner.

Same goes for firearms, hammers, whatever else is sold by player owned businesses or actual players. This is why prices have to be inflated, to compensate for the amount of people that are missing from the world. In real life, you got just this small amount of people, around 7 billion eh? In game, up to 1000 maximum.

So, I'd say that a 500$ entry fee is pretty decent.

PS - As mentioned above too, clubs are usually open way more than we open them in game. So unless you are here to literally work in a game, this also stands in your way quite a lot, you can't make a lot of profit as an owner due to this, with realistic fees that is.

Edited by Minst
1 hour ago, Minst said:

The prices in RP modes when it comes to specific fields are raised due to one reason and one reason alone: the amount of people in the world.

Sure, in real life you see a club open with hundreds of people entering it. This means that the minimum income just out of entry fees is at least 5000$, based that the entry fee is 50$. In the game, you will have approximately 50 to 1000 players online, and when a club opens, the peak amount of players in a club can't be any higher than 200, that means a total income of maximum 10000$. So this means that the price has to be inflated, otherwise there's no profit for the owner.

Same goes for firearms, hammers, whatever else is sold by player owned businesses or actual players. This is why prices have to be inflated, to compensate for the amount of people that are missing from the world. In real life, you got just this small amount of people, around 7 billion eh? In game, up to 1000 maximum.

So, I'd say that a 500$ entry fee is pretty decent.

PS - As mentioned above too, clubs are usually open way more than we open them in game. So unless you are here to literally work in a game, this also stands in your way quite a lot, you can't make a lot of profit as an owner due to this, with realistic fees that is.

Couldn't find the words myself so I didn't post, but you put it perfectly. 

To a certain extent, there's really no way you're going to get a completely realistic economy in a video game unless people spend their lives in that game. 

Supporting this. Everything we roleplay is based on USA/California 2017. It would be great if prices could reflect their genuine worth, it's always awkward paying 400£ fora gram of weed, paying a grand to ball in a club, and then paying another grand to go out for a ciggy.

I wished for this to be the case at the beginning of the server when helping planning out the economy, but many people decided (even though the fact that they were earning 5k an hour) “hey let’s go mining!!! Yay grinding!” 

Which has caused a massive inflation because they were grinding money into the server when they should’ve been spending the time roleplaying. I opened a coffee shop for RP the initial 2 Days and only 1 or 2 people came. They were (and are) so focused with this “gotta get money gotta get it fast gotta get best car gotta get best house”, that they ignore the roleplay opportunities available and just want to compete with the other people. This rpg mentality that carried over from other servers was ultimately detrimental to the economy, and that’s a large part of the reason that you see the business owners charging what they do.

Script jobs were NEVER EVER EVER supposed to be a steady flow of income. I mentioned this several times before and people very much overlooked this. They were supposed to use that basic income to their advantage as well as to help contribute to the economy via purchasing things via businesses and promoting a healthy economic flow, but ultimately this did not happen. Instead, ample amounts of money was pumped into the economy via script jobs, and business owners had no way of keeping up with the people that were making this runescape mining simulator 2.0.

Well. What now?

We are actively trying to find a system that’ll correct this issue, and reward business owners with higher rewards for providing roleplay opportunities. How will we do this? It’s still being discussed. Want to help fix the problem? Stop grinding/spawning more money into the server and try to find RP ways of making money. We are actively trying to find s fix to this economy issue though, and it is being discussed. Feel free to PM me any suggestions.

tl;dr: Stop grinding. It’s bad for the server. 

Let's avoid duplicate suggestions. We already explained that you can't simply put realistic prices to everything if you want your character to be able to afford from small important items to houses, or it'll just completely break the economy for everything else but houses / vehicles.

If you want guns to be $500, entrance fees to be $20, but that it'll still matter and look like you actually spend money then that means we need to make you win $100 for each runs for mining for example instead of $2000. But then, how do you buy a vehicle or a house? A credit that will take you years on the server to pay off, which will be a completely broken system as no players will ever refund any credit since they'll be gone before the end.

What you're suggesting is great on the paper but cannot be applied to a videogame, only to real life.