Rework the script with regards to stolen vehicles

Paris

On 7/21/2020 at 1:55 PM, xanx said:

- /reportstolen is used.

Now tell me, how does the police know about this? Telepathy?

In real life, you have a phone, you pick it up and call 911. Your number shows up. That number is logged. If you have no phone? Okay, so you can't make a report on the stolen vehicle, simple.

In the game, you have a text box, you type in it. Your number doesn't show up, therefore the number is not logged. How did we receive the news that your vehicle is stolen?

I think this is really the only thing that needs to be said, the current way it works is kind of silly. If they still want to fake a stolen report, I'm pretty sure they could still do it, just with a burner phone instead? Since I don't think it's registered to a specific name. Imo it doesn't harm anyone.

• Applaud 1

I love how all of the suggestions surrounding law enforcement just turns into "All OFfIcERs aRe ToO PoWErfUL, OmG ThEY AbuSe ScRiPTS and HaVE A PlAY To WiN MenTALity." Yes, there is a "play to win" mentality but that should be mainly an IC thing, not an OOC thing. An IRL cop will do everything in his power to stop the bad guy, to not let him get away. IRL SWAT team when breaching with their rifles won't get stopped by the Officer In-Command saying that the subject is only armed with a pistol, thus SWAT is only allowed to use pistols so it's fair for all parties. And are there some faction members who try to use OOC means to win all the situations? Yes, of course but that goes to both sides in this argument, even civilians and non-faction members from time to time have this "play to win" mentality and you can't do shit with it and just roll with it, and you don't see me posting on every suggestion about it. This suggestion is simply placed here because the current script is unrealistic and abused heavily in the past couple of weeks, if not months. So if we could please continue on about the suggestion, and refrain from discussing other topics. 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, Misuu said:

I won't even bother reading a post from another LSPD member. I can only take for good an objective opinion that's coming from a person that's not a racer nor a LEO. Everyone else is subjective and just wants the advantage to be on their side. Leave things as they are.

As for my flawed opinion, name another faction, be it legal or illegal that has as many advantages and help offered by the script as the police faction has.

Interesting you say this, the same argument can be applied against you... Your opinion is clearly not objective and is heavily influenced about your idea of the faction and how it functions, and the fact that you think that everyone inside of the faction is there purely to abuse scripts and bully the crap of everyone with their "power". My opinion is also subjective because I have been a member of the LSPD for a couple of months and I can confirm that this is turning into a problem which is caused by the unfortunate abuse of the script. I believe that it should be reworked in a way, where more information is shared with the department itself and officers are allowed to have some more role play interactions and investigation around those incidents, and of course the person reporting the vehicle stolen can still try to lie. I support the suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic