Taxi System Revamp

D.Devil

Short description: 
We need more more options to accept calls from whoever you wish to pick up and a better money system in which official taxi companies could benefit off of the percentage too

Detailed description:

Our current taxi system works but it's not great.. it'd be nice if it could get a lil more work done to it, for example by adding a /taxiaccept [number/playerid] - right now, you /taxiaccept the first person that requested a taxi and 9/10 times they either forget to /canceltaxi their request and the person that comes after has to either wait for quite a while or the taxi driver has to /taxiaccept, go to it's location, see if the customer is still there, if not, they need to /taxidone to move on to the next call. It's all just a massive hassle or the customer have moved to a different location entirely. By adding the /taxiaccept [number] it's would work better for serious taxi companies such as myself and possibly increase calls for us due to people not having to wait too long (if and when there's a taxi on duty) - plus with the current taxi system we cannot have a dispatcher, which in my opinion would increase RP drastically. Also something that would be nice, if you're on duty and you work for a company, whenever you get /paid by your customer it would take the company fee and transfer it to the company's treasury, i know we have a /paytaxi option but this is rarely to never used by anyone which also means a company wouldn't earn money if they have set a certain percentage of company fee.

Commands to add:
/taxiaccept [number/playerid] - /pay (already there) however if it can be reworked so when the taxi driver is on duty while working for an official company it'll take the company fee automatically (like /paytaxi) it's just almost no one wants or care to use /paytaxi which defeats it's purpose and the company fee's purpose entirely)

Items to add:
N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?
It would increase RP for taxi companies and also have it so people wouldn't have to wait for their taxi request to get accepted if someone else before them forgets to /canceltaxi their request, which would increase transportation RP massively

Additional information:

N/A

Edited by D.Devil
  • Upvote 4

I totally support this suggestion. The current taxi system is an improvement from the previous version that was really bare bones but we all feel like it still is not a finished product.

Finally new taxi companies are starting to appear and slowly grow (again!). The taxi businesses are often overlooked and put aside in most servers, which prevent them from becoming real competitive RP businesses. I wish for this to not be a reality in GTA World.

If nothing is done to improve the current system, new businesses will eventually lose interest and close because they don't have sufficient features that allow them to stay relevant, in comparison with other popular businesses like clubs and mechanic garages that have plenty of scripted features to support their needs.

I'd love if you could listen to the current leaders of taxi companies @Nervous to work out a few improvements the development team could bring to the taxi system. There are more than 20 players currently actively roleplaying taxi drivers and I'm sure they deserve some attention.

Edited by Fernando
  • Thanks 1

Here's a necessary tweak to the business manager for Taxi businesses:

ISaH0Oi.png

-  In the Purchased Item column, each Taxi Fare should also display the driver who completed the fare. (quite important!)

otherwise this info is pretty useless and we don't really know who's been doing the work.

Edited by Fernando

I would also love to see the fare meter be able to minimize so it doesn't take up like 20% of the screen when I'm on my laptop. Also maybe add an prioritized /taxiaccept er where the driver who's been waiting for the longest time gets priority for being able to accept the call, something like the fishing system. If they don't accept within 10 secs, it get transferred to the next in queue and so on.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Making /startshift actually useful for taxi driver businesses.

THIS. I think this would help SO much, considering people won’t pay higher fares. It just doesn’t happen. I think taxi businesses should contact the government IC’ly and inquire as to why they aren’t included in the charter that started handing out government stipends to help supplement workers.

https://gov-forum.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=692

”The vast majority of employment opportunities offered by private entrepreneurs are mostly limited to part-time assignments or projects. While in and of itself this factor does not jeopardize the economic growth of the city, the irregularity of income for both businesses and employees restricts consumption and leads to overly cautious investment patterns.”

Taxi companies are technically privately owned companies, so I would argue that it’s the governments civic duty to include them by the language used in this charter. There’s a legitimate argument that something should be done.

Force it IC’ly (maybe some good legal RP here through a lawsuit with an eager lawyer wanting to make a mark) and then maybe something can be figured out in terms of the OOC implementation. I think the issue is that it requires one of the scripts (shop scripts, unique items) to enable the $4000 an hour. So something custom would have to be done.

Edited by Kestalas
  • mj2002 locked this topic