Brewery Suggestions

Briutas

10 hours ago, Giles said:

@eTaylor

I get your point about how liquor stores are stocked through brewers selling their products and the stores in return get components and pay from their business bank to the brewers. I think the end result the OP is trying to get to is give more RP opportunities for brewers, rather than just selling to liquor stores. Some people want to RP being a brewer with their own unique product names, making different kinds of alcohol, etc. and then work with existing businesses for the RP aspect in addition to the liquor stores. That's where I think he was going. Some of the suggestion may not benefit everyone, so it could also be tweaked in some ways to benefit a majority.

The issue is definitely with the economy as well, as businesses simply don't currently use RP'd breweries very often because of their ease of access to liquor stores. It's very rare to get that kind of RP with a business owner. I think the OP is trying to suggest ways to improve that. It shouldn't simply be a way to grind script cash, which right now, is what the brewery system pretty much is. To each his own, but there are people who want to enjoy being a legitimate brewer for the fun of the job. They should get a fair shake with the system as well.

This is a nice summary of my suggestion. I understand @eTaylor concerns. It is a super big decision that potentially could fuck things up. That is why I am not bothered about having a full player run economy yet. But as a step towards that direction I think it would be great to allow brewers to be able to make different types of alcohol that would say 'crafted' OR make them able to name (label) their products. That way breweries wouldn't be selling moonshine, but actual 'local' alcoholic products that look good in the inventory and are more valuable due to not being called ''moonshine'' script wise.

I do think that complete removal of Liquor stores would leave alot of place out of alcohol and it could cause a situation where you see ALOT of people brewing due to demand. But I don't want to see that because in RP server breweries are  nice to have but having tens of breweries is not as nice as having tens of differents restaurants, bars and clubs.

After reading all the comments In my opinion the best thing to do would be to:

1.  Give breweries ability to name their products or atleast change Moonshine to ''Craft Liquor''. But best is if I was able to define what my product is, if I had the freedom to name it my product would be ''Mount Gordo 151 (75.5% overproof Rum with spice notes)
  2.  Raise Liquor store product prices by $10-20 so as to give local breweries competitive edge and make businesses more inclined to buy from them and that may also allow Brewers to raise their prices thus' making rp deals with businesses not just RP but slightly more a way to make money.

Let's keep the discussion going this matters to me alot and I appreciate everyones input!

I disagree with this on terms of realism. I took a class called global spirits which taught me the way to make drinks. It is not realistic to make whisky, rum, gin, sake, and maybe even tequila in the west coast. Maybe vodka because it can be done anywhere in the world. Why do I say this? Well the aging process and also the barrel in which the spirit is stored is affected by natural factors that can found in certain terroirs. And those are affected by latitude, climate, and ingredients to make these other spirits. 

moving on what I think is possible to make would perhaps be a low quality tequila or vodka.

tequila/mezacal because they’re made in Mexico and that’s near the west coast, but probably not even.

vodka is possible because you can make it anywhere in the world.

Thats why all of these things are imported and countries are known for their drinks.

I don’t support this suggestion.

Edited by Chuck Lee