Government Announcement

GTA World,

I want to take some of your time to explain the government of GTA World, and how it will effect the server as a whole and it's players. Most of us have come from servers where government was either too complicated, inconsistent, or just not involved. I'm grateful to be given the opportunity to start fresh and offer a unique, self-maintaining, fully in character government. My team and I's intentions are for the government to be both trustworthy and competent, in order to warrant the respect of the people it represents. The governments you've seen before with the petty bickering, passive aggressiveness, and resentment will not be tolerated here. 

What will be different you ask?

First, City Government will have full authority for city departments and offices.

• The Mayor will manage the several City Officers such as the Chief of Police, who manages the LSPD, and the City Engineer, who supervises public projects and water and power delivery.

Second, City Government will be self-maintaining and have 3 functional branches of government.

• The Mayor will be responsible for enforcing the law (police), carrying out public services (fire protection, the budget, etc.), and appointing Judges and department heads, to name a few.
    • The Mayor is voted in at-large by the entire city.
  • The City Council will pass a budget, create city ordinances (laws), review and audit city departments (including the Mayor), and review Mayoral appointments to city offices.
    • City Council members (5, for now), will be voted in based on where citizens reside within Los Santos.
  • The City Courts will be responsible for litigation, reviewing cases of RICO (faction take downs), and presiding over impeachment processes for the Mayor or a member of the City Council.
  • The City Charter and Administrative Code will be released this week in order to explain in detail the functions of each branch of government, and it's officers.

Third, City Government will have an actual budget.

• Government vehicles cannot just be spawned in, and government entities cannot increase their personnel count without accounting for their budget (personnel, equipment costs).
  • This means that actions by the Mayor, City Council, and City Courts will have lasting effects, from taxes to how the Fire Department spends it's money. For example: The Police Department wants to increase their staff by five officers, the Chief of Police could meet with a member of the City Council or the Mayor to lobby for an increase in funding. 

This is just a small level of what's to come, and I'm extremely excited to see how a fully in-character government will work. The best part is that it will be by the people. At first, public officials will be chosen OOC. As their term comes to an end, they will have to choose whether or not to run for office, which will be open to any citizen of Los Santos. 

Additionally, government will be focused at the city level for now. There will be an IC Governor (HemmaX), and the rest of the state government will be NPCed, in order for the focus to be on building from the bottom up. We do have documents to fully support a state system when the time comes.

As stated earlier, the City Charter, City Administrative Code, and other guiding documents will be released this week. For those interested in taking part in this project, please send ObZen a PM with a short list of qualifications and your intentions for government.

Thank you and have a great week,

ObZen

Gov Org (2017) GTAW (1).png

Edited by HemmaX
  • Upvote 1
  • Dominykas. unpinned and unfeatured this topic