Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Morgan

What do you think?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, joaoivis said:

I'd like to add that creating SUPERMARKET business would be a great idea. Make it like a garage lease and the player should explain how he would be able to own a supermarket with his assets and needs to roleplay it properly. I mean, I'd like to go to the supermarket to buy food materials for my pub instead of waiting a random trucker to /unloadcrate /sellcrate.

Also, Since it's kinda MMORPGish, I'd like just to receive a message if I'm hungry without scripts downside to make sure I portrait my hunger the way I want, like the sober message.

I'd love to see people shopping in Davis Megamall. And yes, that's what we have in mind, a message would pop up like the sms notification.

Concerning script-wise inconvenience, I don't want it to hinder RP in any way and that's why I'm only advocating for scripted effects if the player hasn't eaten anything for a really long in-game time, 8-10 hours. And these effects are not going to kill you, they're just gonna cause some inconvenience to your character, such as visual effects and perhaps even movement inconvenience. But if there were to be no effects at all, then this entire idea has no purpose at all.

• Upvote 1

Most people are not aware of this, but GTAW used to have a hunting system back when the server was based on GT:MP. The system was removed during the switch to RageMP because of lack of support for NPCs on the new platform(if I remember correctly). I think that the hunting system can be a good addition if it can be brought back as it will add more roleplay opportunities to the northern side of the map. Not going to comment on the rest of the suggestion as I do not have any input on it. 

Here is the showcase video from the previous hunting script.

You got my full support. I feel that only farming would create a lot of job opportunities (both for the 'entrepreneurs' and every day Joe's), but requiring people to eat would also create higher demand and add value to the existing bars, pubs, and restaurants.

On 3/2/2020 at 1:33 AM, Radhwan said:

Or they would go to any 24/7 stock up on burgers or tacos and use them everytime the hunger system obliges them to.

Make the food degrading, like real life! YOu hold it outside the fridge it'S bad in a day or so. 

• 2 weeks later...

i dont get these arguments against the hunger system, "forcing people to rp/do something". dude, nobody forces u irl to eat or drink, but YOU DO IT so you can stay alive, wtfffff. also make it that if u have some food items on u, they go bad after some time, that is just pure realism, something we're trying to achieve here, no?

9 hours ago, full of sin said:

i dont get these arguments against the hunger system, "forcing people to rp/do something". dude, nobody forces u irl to eat or drink, but YOU DO IT so you can stay alive, wtfffff. also make it that if u have some food items on u, they go bad after some time, that is just pure realism, something we're trying to achieve here, no?

Trying to achieve pure realism is a bad idea, it’s a game at the end of the day and having it be enjoyable is a priority over realism.

• mj2002 locked this topic