Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Morgan

What do you think?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

I wouldn't need to force it on anyone if people would RP like a human being and eat from time to time, resulting in a more healthy economy where nobody keeps stacking money for no reason. Right now, the only consistent source of depleting one's money is taxes and insurance which is nothing compared to the income each one has. My suggestion also does not impose a rule of "eat or die" so your "this is not an RPG survival game" does not counter my suggestion in any way. There is nothing wrong with RPing grabbing a meal once in a 6 hour of in-game time, it only makes the players seem more alive and helps the economy. 

afaik bar and restaurant owners already make a decent amount of profit as is. This wouldn't really help the economy it would only serve to make that line of business much more lucrative which isn't really needed imo

Yes I would love to see all of this despite it being a bit RPG-ish. I think it would give people more reason to RP eating (together) and such, and the farmer job idea would be really cool to see. Seen a farmer job system on Eclipse RP a few months back and I think something similar to that would fit here perfectly. I vote yay!
Just don't understand why food from 24/7s would have to be unwholesome while food from hotdog/taco stands would be nutritious? Why can't 247s sell nutritious foods?

@Morgan

Edited by Raindance
2 hours ago, Raindance said:

Yes I would love to see all of this despite it being a bit RPG-ish. I think it would give people more reason to RP eating (together) and such, and the farmer job idea would be really cool to see. Seen a farmer job system on Eclipse RP a few months back and I think something similar to that would fit here perfectly. I vote yay!
Just don't understand why food from 24/7s would have to be unwholesome while food from hotdog/taco stands would be nutritious? Why can't 247s sell nutritious foods?

@Morgan

2 hours ago, $tunner. said:

Yeah, been thinkin about that too bro they gone fix it eventually.

My idea was to stop people from spam eating in 24/7 stores and to push them to frequent actual restaurants from time to time, because IRL we can't really live off store ready food only, we might satisfy our hunger for a few hours but we will eventually need an actual wholesome meal from a restaurant or cooked at home. But please if you have any other suggestion, send it my way!

• Upvote 1

@Morgan Yeah, you aren't wrong we do actually need wholesome foods to satisfy our hunger. It would be cool to get items such as noodles, eggs, bread, etc. And prepare it at home (with a hunger system too) - or an alternative eat at a resturant pay some more money (for the labour of the employees which prepared it for you) and it would push players to react realistically as in real life we can't avoid hunger or thirst. EDIT; Simple suggestion make players roleplay their hunger realistically. 

Edited by $tunner.
  • Upvote 1

I'd support farming, fishing and hunting as those would add activities and open up roleplay opportunities for people to do. Cooking and preparing food system is also nice, but hunger and thirst is a no-no. At beginning it seems like a nice idea to add hunger and thirst into game, you may be thinking it could add variety and quality into roleplay yet after first day you would realise that it's just inconvenient how often your char would get hungry and thirsty so you would have to go drink a water, eat some food and roleplay around it. Roleplay as we know takes much time on text, because recieving and responding takes time in a developing conversation. If you add hunger and thirst to it, it will be a long journey.

I've seen people ignore hunger and thirst before, I've seen them ignore cleanliness too. Because it was inconvenient to have it in roleplay.

i would support the hunger bar if we had the ability to buy food products and make the food at home.

though an issue with the forced hunger bar comes when someone is rping someone with an eating disorder, so they would probably be forced on a ooc level to eat when the system tells u its time to eat to satisfy the system's hunger.

overall its a +1 for me because ive been thinking about trying to get in contact with ppl that fish and pay them for the fish they catch to later use to cook at home.

• mj2002 locked this topic