Invincibility upon entering properties

Connor

Short description: While the interior loads, you should be invincible

Detailed description:  Take a LSPD breach for example, soon as we enter, we can't see the suspect, however they instantly see us and can gun us down before we even see them in. Make it so every property freezes you upon entering (not just some), and when you press Y to unfreeze, the invincibility ends.

Commands to add: N/A - however make it so every property you need to Press Y to unfreeze, and not just a small number of businesses etc,

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would make it fairer for everyone in breaches, criminal situations etc etc.

Additional information: n/a

Edited by Connor
  • Applaud 1

I kinda both agree and disagree. Main point with breaching is that you should technically be able to breach the door and shoot inside from the street if you see the suspect but game does limit it so that you actually have to enter the interior but saying that you don't see the suspect when you enter (and he does see you) is exactly why breaches are bad in the first place. Suspect does realistically have several hiding/cover places while in most cases you have single point of entry unless house has back entrance or some windows in which case I do believe admin could make a smart TP to accommodate the needs of breach.

tl;dr: Players shouldn't be invicible but there should be small amount of space added in each interior that would realistically portray some sort of ‚‚outside'' area or at least area around that door, from the outside.

4 hours ago, Syrike said:

In this situation the inability to see is due to the original occupants not being loaded onto the entering players client whilst the opposite is much faster.

Exactly. I feel like giving invincibility while the property loads would sort this issue. Implementing rules can prevent it, but mistakes will still happen.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:23 AM, DjoleK said:

tl;dr: Players shouldn't be invicible but there should be small amount of space added in each interior that would realistically portray some sort of ‚‚outside'' area or at least area around that door, from the outside.

I don't think that's worth the trouble of constructing the immediate exterior of every property. The breach isn't about being able to shoot in from the outside. This suggestion is about giving not giving the people already inside the unfair advantage of being able to react instantly, while the breaching party physically can't do anything except die. Because they see nothing and the interior party sees perfectly. The short term invincibility is a valid substitute in my opinion.

2 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I don't think that's worth the trouble of constructing the immediate exterior of every property. The breach isn't about being able to shoot in from the outside. This suggestion is about giving not giving the people already inside the unfair advantage of being able to react instantly, while the breaching party physically can't do anything except die. Because they see nothing and the interior party sees perfectly. The short term invincibility is a valid substitute in my opinion.

But then the cops have 200+ Armour and Health which is of course an unfair advantage over us. This is one of the only things we have which allows us to possibly win a situation, lol.

Would it truly be much more fair? Giving a SWAT team with much more armor, who realistically would be spotted in a doorway by a suspect before they would spot a suspect. Bullets can go through walls, and doors. So given your suggestion, you want to give a player, or excuse me, only cops. The advantage of being invincible until they press y.  I am however in favor of the ability for SWAT teams to be able to do a command like /snakecam or something similar, which strips them of all their weapons, does not allow them to aim, move or fire, and they may move their camera. But they are invincible while doing said command, and able to do so irregardless of whether or not the property is locked. They are able to observe and it notifies both parties. I think this would be a great substitute to allow entry teams the ability to know whether or not they should make entry or wait it out. This is a much more fair idea imo, and would require both sides to be smarter during these situations. Rather than providing them something that could be easily abused and give them another unfair advantage.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

This suggestion is about giving not giving the people already inside the unfair advantage of being able to react instantly, while the breaching party physically can't do anything except die. Because they see nothing and the interior party sees perfectly. The short term invincibility is a valid substitute in my opinion.

But breaches aren't supposed to be fair in the first place, hence one of the reasons breaches shouldn't be that common either. I've googled just ‚‚police breaches'' on internet and most of them are spearheaded by special robots/vehicles that are made with specific goal of breaching the door and taking the initial fire from the occupants. What you are suggesting sounds a little like a slightly comical example I am going to give:

Imagine you are a lord of a castle and enemy army besieges your castle, then suddenly they send a envoy that demands that you open your castle gates and your crossbowmen not to fire on approaching army to make it a fair fight, would you accept his terms?