Implementing tasers into gun stores for Guard Card owners only

Mitch

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

I'm sure there can be rules put in place stating they cannot be stolen, for this very reason. 

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Sure, technically speaking it could fuck over stuff for criminals and ruin some very minor parts of their RP for robbing it, but the benefits of such a system far outweigh the negatives. However, I think we should get a couple of the active criminal chars to put their opinions on this, but a compromise can definitely be achieved.

I am fully supporting this too, but I am not so in for the idea making it super expensive, it can be held out to Guard Card carriers per example for only guard usage, or PF users if the FM allows citizens to acquire one, and just a brief track of abusing is to be taken in consideration. Also being limited to one taser a month I guess can be ideal.

I’d love to see this over lethal force, tasers should be discharged at one cartridge at a time, meaning if you want to shoot multiple times, you would require to roleplay exchanging the cartridge.

The downsides to it is:

- If you miss that one cartridge shot, your last resort is lethal force. (At least, by limitations since you can’t purchase batons in-game)

- The success rate of the in-game taser being 100% if you aim on the player’s hit box which we all know doesn’t happen in real life, sometimes it does not penetrate loose clothing or the person can withstand it from a too tight of a radius (mostly up-close discharges).

- Unlimited ammo and fast recharge which may be unintentionally abused in the heat of the moment. (Firing off frequent taser shots because the game allows you to)

But if you hit with the taser, you didn’t have to use your gun and unload into the pour soul until the script forces the player to go down. 

I don’t know if PD use tasers and how their affects are determined but I’d recommend waiting till you can modify a pistol to act as a taser with 1 bullet per magazine/cartridge. Something like that. 

Rough ideas to take into mind. 

11 hours ago, Mitch said:

I'm sure there can be rules put in place stating they cannot be stolen, for this very reason. 

That's stupid though. The only restricting I see can be put by having a limited amount of ammo to buy per month (ex, 5) to limit the usage of the criminals by cutting off their ammo.

9 hours ago, zaXer. said:

That's stupid though. The only restricting I see can be put by having a limited amount of ammo to buy per month (ex, 5) to limit the usage of the criminals by cutting off their ammo.

I see what you’re saying with this. Stun guns can be sold at stores to cops and licensed guards along with ammo. The stun gun can be stolen but if they’re not a cop or a guard they won’t be able to get ammo for it.

5 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I see what you’re saying with this. Stun guns can be sold at stores to cops and licensed guards along with ammo. The stun gun can be stolen but if they’re not a cop or a guard they won’t be able to get ammo for it.

To be honest though, if you get robbed, what kind of gang banger would care about a stun gun? And I'm sure cops can do regular checks on guards to verify the licenses. I don't do much illegal RP really so wouldn't a gun be better to rob than a stun gun? 

Edited by Mitch
5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

To be honest though, if you get robbed, what kind of gang banger would care about a stun gun? And I'm sure cops can do regular checks on guards to verify the licenses. I don't do much illegal RP really so wouldn't a gun be better to rob than a stun gun? 

Totally agree with this only reason I’d want one is to sell it on the street/pawn

Edited by Camacho
On 8/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, Law said:

I don’t know if PD use tasers and how their affects are determined but I’d recommend waiting till you can modify a pistol to act as a taser with 1 bullet per magazine/cartridge. Something like that. 

That'd be almost impossible to script on a server side, albeit incredibly complex

• mj2002 locked this topic