[Trucking] Payment for the supplies

GameBurrow

• Developer

Currently, you have to pay by cash to get the supplies and when you finish, you get payed to bank. Please update the script so that you also pay for the supplies using bank account (wasn't it so on the at launch of the trucking system?). We live in digital age, almost all these kinds of transactions go through the bank IRL or at least have the possibility to choose which method to use.

Edited by GameBurrow
  • Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand that it's more of a script thing to purchase the goods, but I feel this is where it goes wrong. A trucking company is responsible for moving product between a supplier and a business. A truck driver shouldn't be responsible for purchasing the crates at all. The supplies are provided by the supplier and the truck driver simply picks them up and drops them off at the contracted business. They should be picked up at no cost and then when they are dropped off the drive is simply paid their cut minus the company percentage. I'm not saying to adjust the payout rates at all. Just eliminate the need for the truck driver to purchase the crates with their own money. This is unrealistic in itself. The truck company does not produce the goods being supplied, they just deliver them.

At the supplier pick-up point, the action should be simply to load the maximum amount of allotted supplies into the van, without charging the driver. Let's be honest, the trucking company will want to fill the truck to capacity anyways to maximize profits so there's no need to have this where they could potentially have less than the maximum.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic