Fist fights

Legate

Sync on rage is 0/10 for real. They don't have public tests with a good amount of players, all they do is releasing half-assed video of DM gameplay and disable likes/dislikes/comments to avoid community talking shit, cause they can't take it. Which means that their new ''super duper sync update'' they've been working on (maybe not idk) for a year+ might be another useless update that does not fix anything because it can work with 10 players(like they tested) but it most likely will be as bad with 200. Basically all we can do is spamming /me and /roll, which is honestly extremely boring, no anims, just two players standing and spamming /me is not for me, personally.

Edited by Lance
4 minutes ago, Lance said:

Sync on rage is 0/10 for real. They don't have public tests with a good amount of players, all they do is releasing half-assed video of DM gameplay and disable likes/dislikes/comments to avoid community talking shit, cause they can't take it. Which means that their new ''super duper sync update'' they've been working on (maybe not idk) for a year+ might be another useless update that does not fix anything because it can work with 10 players(like they tested) but it most likely will be as bad with 200. Basically all we can do is spamming /me and /roll, which is honestly extremely boring, no anims, just two players standing and spamming /me is not for me, personally.

You seem like a dev.

Just now, 1357 said:

It matters, a lot. If you're going to criticize, at least have a clue what you're talking about.

Alright sorry man, next time people talk about something I don't do for a living or just daily, I'll stay quiet and not say anything! I'm very very very sorry!

Just now, Lance said:

Alright sorry man, next time people talk about something I don't do for a living or just daily, I'll stay quiet and not say anything! I'm very very very sorry!

I'd slightly understand your sense of entitlement and frustration if you were paying for a service. Hopefully you'll be able to fix this sync and improve on these useless updates that do nothing.

Please stay on-topic and take this to DMs if you wish to continue @1357 @Lance

OT: While I don't think it's necessarily wrong which way players choose to RP fights, it just needs some OOC communication from both parties so you know what to expect from the RP and come to an agreement on how to RP it. There isn't really an optimal solution to this right now. Sync for script fights is hot garbage, and /roll fighting is equally as bad because it takes time understanding the system, and the odds of someone winning a fight is completely by chance and doesn't incorporate the type of character. Personally I think doing /me fights without rolling is the best solution, but it can also be problematic if someone isn't that familiar and/or just throws unrealistic actions at you. 

Agree with Dashing, people need to agree to how they're going to fist fight.

Instead of trying to read eachothers minds.

And then one of the parties bitching in /b because somebody decided to left click rather than type out commands.

7 minutes ago, Dashing said:

Please stay on-topic and take this to DMs if you wish to continue

Never intended to even have a discussion about that.

16 minutes ago, Dashing said:

Sync for script fights is hot garbage, and /roll fighting is equally as bad because it takes time understanding the system

Agreed. Sync is garbage so it should not even be an option, /roll unfair because if let's say a weak char fights against UFC champ or smth, both have 50% chance to win, which is wrong.

17 minutes ago, Dashing said:

Personally I think doing /me fights without rolling is the best solution

This would be full of PG and then OOC fights and then useless forum reports. RPers have play to win mentality, at least most of them, so you will get a spam of /me hits; /me dodges and hits;  /me dodges and hits in return etc.

So best of what we have is /roll, it's unfair, it's boring and it can take a long time, but it's the only way where script decides who wins, not the players.

You could just force the players involved to agree to a specific form; ie /me, rolling or scripting. So if you want to engage in combat, you and whoever else have to come up with how you want to handle it on the spot. That way both parties acknowledge the potential outcome and there's much less leeway room for bs and powergame, which eliminates a big portion of that ''this is unfair'' factor because now every player has a say-so. If people are unable to come to an agreement or consensus, an admin (or a coin flip) could always decide the method as well.

Having a standard is what we really need though. A definitive ''this is how you do this properly''. Once that gets fairly established, your primary concern is just play-to-win mentality which can be dealt with easily and circumstantially.