What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

Anyone arguing against the starter money forgets one thing. The people who "abuse" it are at fault, for example when I did my whole application process for GTA World, through the background story I made it quite clear my character comes from a wealthy family situated in Los Angeles and who displays the traits associated with such a wealthy lively hood as well (no I don't own a super car, no I didn't spend all my starter cash on a super expensive apartment).

But is there any empirical data to prove any of the statements that new-players just sit around on their arses collecting the paychecks and then buying a supercar? Is it really the majority? Or is it simply the human cognitive bias to only remember outstanding examples, so what you might see and experience in regards to how you assume the 200k starter money has been spent, is definitely not the whole picture.

Now to ask an important question because there are enough examples out there; Would you rather have people grind the trucking/courier/mining jobs to earn money, or would you rather force people into roleplay jobs which either:

a. are not interesting to them

b. have no idea what they actually need to do in said job

c. will not put any effort into the RP

Logically speaking, of course you could report them for breaking very obvious rules in case of alternative c, but what are they left with to do then?

Even the example above with the tokens is flawed to the extent that there still will be grinding of jobs (scripted or rp) which come with obvious downsides and more of them than listed above. Last but not least who is anyone to dictate what people do with their i. time ii. money. It is up to each and every individual's freewill to decide on that matter, surely it can drag down roleplay quality but to point a finger and say: HEY ITS THE NEWBS DOING IT! Without empirical data to support that claim is flat-out wrong.

Furthermore, once new players have spent their $200,000 on something as trivial as a super sports car, or a house and reach the 40 hour threshold what are they going to do then? They'll run into a wall of "oh shit what now?". If the only thing they've been doing for fourty(!!!) hours is grind the courier job and farm paychecks, they will not be able to sustain that or at least not make it enjoyable, because unless the majority of their online time is spent in jobs like the courier one, there is no way to financially support it. If they decide to pursue RP after and join a faction, or apply for an RP job than by all means that is also ok. There are people who save up 20 years of their life or more to buy that one car they always wanted (Ferrari, Nissan Skyline, Pontiac you name them).

Edited by Marcus.

I agree with what Marcus said. In addition to that, what I love about the server is the economy system which is as realistic as I have ever seen on a SAMP/GTAVMP server. The server is taxing people who own things (especially expensive things like super cars) more than others. This means everyone who blows their 200k on a fancy car and does not invest smartly will eventually end up with no money or even debts. To have this level of realism on a GTA server to me is simply astonishing. 

• Upvote 1

I love the dedicated development team, we're lucky to have them.
I really like the starting paychecks. I think it gives new players the potential to start out how they want. Yes, people abuse it and just buy a sports car, but there's no stopping that. It gives people who are serious about RP the chance to not have to worry about money right off the bat.
I think overall the roleplay is great.
Admins are dedicated.

As far as what I don't like?
RAGEMP, but that's out of the control of GTA-W. Their development cycle is mind-numbingly slow.
The lack of CEF functions, especially for phones. Often times I'll be busy but someone texts me, and I simply forget to get back to them. But if there was a phone CEF telling me I had a missed msg, I'd be able to get back to them.
I think the lack of dedicated weather events means a lack of atmosphere (Rain normally only happens for 10 mins at a time, but the other night it went all night. I'm guessing this is due to rage and so to keep a weather event going admins have to manually initiate it.)
To boil it down, most my complaints are minor and are hardly in the hands of the devs.

The server economy is solid, as well as the "beginner" paycheck system, although some players will always prioritize having pricey assets over quality roleplay/development.

The staff members are very helpful and contribute to the fullest extent.

My only concern is the server smoothness/stability, which has gotten significantly better, so props to the devs for acknowledging the issue.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:22 PM, Lerius said:

5k for a mask.

Once again I have to explain that good economy != real life price economy.

A good economy is based on value, items have their own high value compared to real life, and housing / cars are extremely cheap compared to real life too because you don't spend 20 years here working 8 hours a day in shitty jobs to get half a house and a broken car.

Mask having their IRL value, phones, guns, would mean everything would be around $100 and thus immediately accessible in mass, completely breaking the economy. You'll argue let's have everyone at real wage, $2000 for a month and $100 will mean a lot ? Then you have the issue of cars and houses being out of any affordable ranges before 20+ years.

So yes, the economy is good here because the prices are not moving much, housing is still affordable, you don't need to grind 1000 hours to catch up on others, no one is stacking 10+ millions and not many players even have a million. That's what a healthy economy is after 2 years, not "omg $5000 gun / mask"

• Upvote 1

I've only been here a few days, but I absolutely love the fact that you get $5,000 per hour for the first 40 hours. It provides you with just enough money to afford a car and home for your character, without having to sacrifice diving straight into role play to grind out some job (not to say that the jobs aren't interesting, they're certainly something new and I haven't had the chance to look into them - but they just simply aren't applicable to me and what I'm role playing). This is by far one of the most considerate features that I've seen and I was actually relieved to discover I could just jump into role playing without worrying about constraints involving money right off the bat.

4 hours ago, Veisalgia said:

I've only been here a few days, but I absolutely love the fact that you get $5,000 per hour for the first 40 hours. It provides you with just enough money to afford a car and home for your character, without having to sacrifice diving straight into role play to grind out some job (not to say that the jobs aren't interesting, they're certainly something new and I haven't had the chance to look into them - but they just simply aren't applicable to me and what I'm role playing). This is by far one of the most considerate features that I've seen and I was actually relieved to discover I could just jump into role playing without worrying about constraints involving money right off the bat.

This is my stance as well.  I think the paychecks are a great way to get the player straight into roleplay. A new player's first impression of the server shouldn't be spending 10 hours grinding fishing or other jobs in order to buy a vehicle, but instead they should be thrown straight into RP.  Allowing people to receive those 40 hours of increased paychecks allows them to set up their characters and to not have to worry about the  monotonous process of trying to make money on a new character.

I understand that some people don't like the idea of being able to buy super cars and houses with the paychecks but to me at least, but you still have to dedicate a fair amount of time to the server before obtaining these items and at the end of the day, everyone starts on a fair playing field. There are further expenses such as taxes or fees that could make purchasing a sports car with your starting paychecks a bad idea.  The economy is in a great place in my opinion and I don't think the paychecks have a negative affect on it. 

Edited by Cyrus