Game Security Violation Detected (EAC issue)

image.png?ex=66172a00&is=6604b500&hm=c74

This one is kinda stumping me given that I was on the server yesterday fine, and after a cold reboot today I've been greeted with this lovely message on launch.

Steps I've done so far;

- Restarted PC.

- Updated Graphics Drivers.

- Disabled RGB software.

- Disabled all firewall/AV.

- Verified Integrity of GTAV on steam.

- Launched EACLauncher in RAGEMP before joining the server (get the same error before RAGEMP launches).

- Tried another game with EAC enablement and got the same error.

Is there anything I'm missing here or something I can do? 

@Havana Hey, when did this start happening for you? Out of curiosity, what version of Windows are you on? Are you on the production branch or are you running a Developer / Beta version of Windows? Seems like people that aren't on the latest stable version of Windows have had this issue in the past.

I'm on 22H2 Build 10945 which according to MS is 2024-03-26 release date. I have auto-updates on, so I assume this build of W10 is fucking with EAC. I'll try a snapshot and see if that helps going back 1/2 weeks on updates. This only started happening today, but was able to join the server yesterday fine. 

8 hours ago, Havana said:

Tried another game with EAC enablement and got the same error.

If nobody here ends up being able to help you I'd reccomend searching this error on a much larger game or cross-post on their community too as you'll have a much bigger pool to get support from verses the relatively small World community.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, KaythPlus said:

If nobody here ends up being able to help you I'd reccomend searching this error on a much larger game or cross-post on their community too as you'll have a much bigger pool to get support from verses the relatively small World community.

Way ahead of you, but seems to be an ongoing issue within multiple games for whatever reason. There has to be a variable to what is causing this.

• Upvote 1
On 3/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, Havana said:

Way ahead of you, but seems to be an ongoing issue within multiple games for whatever reason. There has to be a variable to what is causing this.

If it's not already resolved, you could try installing EAC service updates manually (dl link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/guides/service/), or it could be a corrupted system file causing problems (from what I've researched) open cmd and type sfc /scannow - this will scan for and repair any corrupted files. As you also mentioned, it could be related to a Windows update. Try rolling back the most recent to see if that helps (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/how-to-uninstall-a-windows-update-c77b8f9b-e4dc-4e9f-a803-fdec12e59fb0)

This error typically occurs when the anti-cheat system detects unauthorized modifications or third-party software that could potentially give players an unfair advantage in the game.

These steps should help you troubleshoot and resolve the problem with Easy Anti-Cheat.

Verify Game Files:

• Go to the game in your game library.
  • Right-click on the game and select "Properties."
  • Go to the "Local Files" tab and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Files."

Update Drivers:

• Make sure your graphics card drivers and other system drivers are up to date. 

Disable Overclocking:

• If you have overclocked your GPU or CPU, try reverting to default settings as overclocking can sometimes trigger anti-cheat violations.

Check for Software Conflicts:

• Disable any background applications that may interfere with the anti-cheat software.

Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat:

• Some users have reported that reinstalling Easy Anti-Cheat has resolved the issue.

Edited by ayouu
  • Thanks 1
  • Rasta locked this topic