Greed equals demise.

Make most perks free from donator  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Playing here since 2018, never donated a single penny and never felt restricted by it. The only thing I don't like is /bad being behind a paywall but that's fixed by taking it IC and paying an advertiser to handle it instead. It's not that big of a deal.

• Upvote 3

At the end of the day, its a necessary evil. I personally don't know the costs involved in keeping the server running, but the server has to make money to keep itself running. And even more, the server needs to make money to hire developers to make all these awesome updates we've had recently. If you start removing donator features and making them free to use, people are going to stop buying donator. The server will be updated less, problems will take longer to fix, etc.

And no, people aren't just going to donate without getting anything in return, so your idea of "letting people donate with no strings attached" isn't really a solution.

I do agree with /bad though. That's pretty much the most significant donator ability that directly affects how much you can roleplay on the server. Being a business owner on GTAW is one of the most annoying things to pull off. The amount of OOC applications you have to go through, all the fire inspections, having to get the licenses, having to hire a team of employees, having to map the interior, and on top of that, having to pay to have a map blip that people know you're open. And even then, there's no guarantee that your business will be successful especially if its anything other than a bar/club. Its no wonder why so many people are hesitant on being business owners on the server.

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Torpedo said:

Best option of them all, you have to be PLATINUM to change the time in your interior 🙂 I have an apartment that I haven't seen how it looks in daylight.

To be fair, you could always just ask someone who has platinum to change it for you. Go to the discord, ask if anyone with plat is available to help you out.

I personally think property weather/time toggle is a good perk to be donator-locked. Its not massively detrimental to your RP. Its purely a cosmetic thing, to have your property be permanently daytime or whatever. And again, you can easily just find someone to do it for you if you need to.

23 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

To be fair, you could always just ask someone who has platinum to change it for you. Go to the discord, ask if anyone with plat is available to help you out.

I personally think property weather/time toggle is a good perk to be donator-locked. Its not massively detrimental to your RP. Its purely a cosmetic thing, to have your property be permanently daytime or whatever. And again, you can easily just find someone to do it for you if you need to.

I don't see the point of it being donator only, especially platinum. Makes absolutely no sense for me to go look someone to set/change my time.

That's just me though.

Its a "business". It works the way it does. Its community driven. 

I'm ok with the perks the way they are. Some are unfortunate to be locked behind donator but there are workarounds (which aren't outruled). I haven't donated yet and outside of a little dono envy I haven't been limited. There were some features I wanted which is the /exact/ point of perks being locked behind a paywall, if there's nothing but bullshit behind the paywall there's no incentive. 

As per the description.. some people throw away 15$ a month for WoW which has less monhtly updates than GTA:W.. 

Edited by Coravu

Tbf the only thing that's a little nuts is paying to boost your server app to the top. but if people really wanna spend money to save an hour or two? go for it lmao. 

Ultimately this is a game, whilst the server can have its glitchy moments it's still come a long way with advanced web based features, a large dedicated and likely expensive host and development staff which i am convinced likely work close to full time hours trying to code for some of the recent reworks.

Yes, some instances like the /bad pay wall can be an inconvenience and I won't lie when I had to run a business it infuriated me. But its not impossible to find a solution around, hiring people who have it can create a sort of IC economy of its own. the other time is when you wanna enjoy playing other video games for 3-4 weeks and need to buy vip to lower those activity requirements. but thats legitimately a premium feature and I have no issue with it being behind a paywall. (i absolutely do wish they'd allow us to BUY that perk individually without the rest of the donor perks tho. like i just wanna invest a significant amount of time into other games without feeling "punished" for not dedicating that time here. or having to constantly fill out inactivity requests with PM.)

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 2