State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

As for the speeding charge, I believe "Excessive Speeding" should be renamed "Criminal Speeding" like most states

I wanted to make it that and a misdemeanor too, but the powers at be were against that. There's only so much you can do with all the red tape.

Edited by Airwalk
2 minutes ago, Airwalk said:

I wanted to make it that and a misdemeanor too, but the powers at be were against that. There's only so much you can do with all the red tape.

It being an infraction will probably reduce a massive timesink for law enforcement officers.

I can complete the paperwork for 3 different traffic tickets faster than I can deal with the whole arrest procedure for someone with a clean criminal record when I pick them up for a simple misdemeanor.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Didn't know that, then we're half way there.

I just think rather than complain OOC about something, at least exhaust IC avenues of resolving such problems.

If this is ICly perceived to be a big problem by government, let them make the crime far more punitive and have more IC consequences.

Yeah, although reckless driving is typically something that traffic officers go after rather than patrol officers, because it requires proper articulation in arrest reports how exactly someone was reckless. It's why you'll typically find traffic officers posted up in ways where if they catch you, it's for more than just the speed. Vespucci Boulevard's a great example. They'll set up in a way that if you're blowing through there at mach-jezus, you're not going to be stopping at every intersection. 110 mph down vespucci is a stretch to call reckless without proper articulating.

But 110 mph down vespucci, along with running 3 intersections, all of which are essentially blind intersections where you can't properly see traffic comming from either sides unless you drive slow, is far easier to justify as reckless driving. Having it all on dashcam is the neat little cherry on the cake.

The problem is that reckless driving is only 1 hour in jail. If you're staying online that turns into 20 minutes with the 3x time modifier. So, you'll have officers still writing up the finishing touches on the paperwork before they're already back out onto the street. 

That does a number to the motivation. 

The problem with making it an IC issue, is that for laws like this to be changed and more strict, it needs to go through LFM/IFM

I'll keep my personal opinions on LFM & IFM aside, as that's an entirely different topic on it's own. But unfortunately, they need to approve law changes like these. And more often than not, they'll ask to water things down before they'll approve them. Even this bill (which is a monumental step forward already, having it in the senate to begin with) had to be watered down slightly already.

• Upvote 1

For the past few weeks, this server has quite literally become a multiplayer version of Midnight Club LA Remix. People are quite literally driving around in 500K cars crashing into quite literally everything and anyone in sight with zero regard for their character's safety or the safety of others around them. You have these "racing crews" that provide little to zero roleplay and only get on the game to run from cops. You go to pull one over, they run, cool. You chase them, they spam "I NEED BACKUP COPS ON ME HELP" over their /R frequencies and out of nowhere you have riced up Sultans and 700K+ cars like Argentos lag slamming any cop that even attempts to pursue. And when you do catch them, they won't roleplay a single collision until they crash into something and fly out the windshield and want to roleplay PKing. We need MUCH stricter traffic laws on this server.

https://streamable.com/n06s46

xm15qQB.png

AXWZHtS.png

^Street Take-Over that pretty much just turned into a shit fest of ricer characters cop baiting, driving on sidewalks and crashing into shit.

https://gyazo.com/10ec95d34787f17082f9fe6fedfe10dc

https://streamable.com/ga6d6y

Edited by jromjeksin
  • Upvote 2

We also gotta start actually prosecuting these crimes. I personally just arrested someone for their 6th offense of evading and other traffic related offenses ASWELL as arson at a street take-over and they were released because the DA never filed the charges. It's annoying to deal with and quite frankly I'm just gonna start ignoring these types of things and just not even roleplay with these type of characters if there aren't gonna be any actual repercussions in character.

• Upvote 4

Evading is 1 day in jail if you plead guilty, car can only be impounded for 14 days on the 3rd offense or any repeated offense after the 3rd. If we start seizing people's cars and giving far more increased fines and prison times for repeat offenders, people would stop doing it. This cannot be a heavy roleplay server and at the same time promote these extremely poor driving standards and traffic laws.

• Upvote 5

It's getting to the point where if I see a car with a spoiler, I know I'm about to become a cop NPC from Need for Speed: Carbon. Chasing cars that go about as fast as something made for GT/IMSA racing and getting rammed by homeboy's crew.

You know there's police departments that authorize fuckin ethal force for people who use their cars as battering rams. If people want to die that fuckin bad I say give them what they want.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Barbary said:

It's getting to the point where if I see a car with a spoiler, I know I'm about to become a cop NPC from Need for Speed: Carbon. Chasing cars that go about as fast as something made for GT/IMSA racing and getting rammed by homeboy's crew.

You know there's police departments that authorize fuckin ethal force for people who use their cars as battering rams. If people want to die that fuckin bad I say give them what they want.

Problem is, our policies internally don't allow us to shoot at moving cars and people will just complain that we're deathmatching them when they get shot for ramming us with their cars to help their friends evade.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Problem is, our policies internally don't allow us to shoot at moving cars and people will just complain that we're deathmatching them when they get shot for ramming us with their cars to help their friends evade.

I'm well aware of our policies and it sucks that people exploit them.