The future of medical roleplay

3 minutes ago, Red Reika said:

Add a script that they can use to give a chat message about the person's condition. Pulse? BPM? Body temperature?  Get that provided to them in a script in chat so, like someone mentioned above? It's less numbers and measures so the RP with medical personnel isn't "/do how fast is the BPM"

This would be nice for players that don't know/care about RPing their pulse, etc. But what do we do with people who do want to have that in-depth roleplay?

Like everyone is saying an illness system/idea would be great - catching a common cold should be normal, and roleplayed accordingly. Perhaps add medications that counter the illness. For example taking paracetamol for a cold would reduce any effects i.e. health loss. This may allow more drugs to be create. Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Aspirin etc etc. 

Allow people to submit their ideas via LFM for Private EMS systems. US loves Privatisation and if people roleplay it properly with the medical director, link to legislation, and are safe with it then I see no problem. That said I don't think adding more factions would be a solution to this problem. Make LSFD / Pillbox more fruitful, not sure how but benefits such as salary should expect to rise if we as a state are paying towards it (below). I'd like to see more clinics, primary care facilities, it would be good to go to a doctor for run-of-the-mill problems like Back Pain, Knee Pain, Asthma, 

Paid healthcare should 100% be a thing. How - I'm not sure it's not my area of expertise but this would allow insurance companies to assist or work schemes i.e. "LSPD gives Health benefits/insurance" - People being taken to court by the hospital for not paying leading to asset seizures etc. Could be really cool. Having a financial hit to you being hurt should 100% be a thing, and would hopefully add a fear of being hurt. 

May be good to prompt players on how they are feeling if they have X injuries. Either a guide OOC on the forums or small texts. You have been shot - you'd expect XYZ please RP accordingly. You have contracted a cold, you should expect this. 

Medical system in the game would be cool and would allow medical rp'ers to treat accordingly but I imagine this would be difficult to implement into our already busy infrastructure. 

Decking out Pillbox with the ability to allow players to 'live' there. By live there I mean be admitted onto a ward. They spawn in there, they get to rp with nurses and doctors. Discord notifications allow them to be notified on when to log on and rp. (not for everyone - but it's an option for those serious about character development here injuries make a difference). 

• Upvote 2

As far as debuffs and advanced injuries system go. I think we should just still approach this RP-wise using /me and /do instead of actually making an RPG mechanics about it. In every suggestion or discussion topic like this I always try to remind people that RAGEMP sucks. Bugs and desyncs happens everywhere and everytime, especially when you live on the other side of the earth from the server (Like I do, with 200+ ping everytime I play. Believe me, it's bad. I lagpitted so many people or being lagpitted by so many people so many times). It's just gonna be a tedium for people like us to have this forced debuffs and injuries when things that happen was OOC-related issues. I wanna have fun playing RP, and this will just kill the fun for the sake of "realism".

I'm more down to a "/createscene" like character statuses above the character's head that we can set everytime we have injuries so we don't have to type-in /do everytime we meet someone or force them to /ex us.

• Upvote 3

@Sharvit

I do have some script suggestions from before that were forwarded to LFM ages ago.

A working stretcher script that allows us to place patients on top of the stretcher and load them into the ambulance without needing to prompt them.

A lifepak animation.

An injection script that gives a drug effect when Paramedics or Nurses inject script drugs into patients like fentanyl, narcan, ketamine (with varying doses) I put down an entire document and this was forwarded to LFM awhile ago.

A better injury system to keep track of injuries. And allow certain injuries to inhibit movements.

An illness script for patients to put down illnesses and more interactably with providers. I have a few ideas for this, feel free to DM me.

• Upvote 10
Just now, Bauer said:

It does kind of make it a little RPG-ish. I was hoping more for an Ace-like damage system. My focus was mainly on pre-hospital since I've only ever RP'd in the Emergency Room and as a Paramedic, so that's just my personal experience. I'd like to see the ability to apply tourniquets to stop a bleeding limb, or a realistic blood loss script (not just a timer that kills you at the end. I'd also like to see pain medication play a bigger role. Maybe if you're shot, stabbed, in a major crash, etc, you get a "pain" screen effect that can only go away with varying levels of narcotics depending on how much health was lost, where the injury occurred, etc.

Def not against the concept of a script, but it'd have to be well-made and tailored to giving everyone a role, prehospital providers, hospital providers, and patients. SS13 had a lot of really cool ones with limb damage, dynamic vitals, loads of drugs, radiological imaging, and surgery. That would take a ton of work from the devs side though and it would likely be prone to bugs.

• Upvote 1

The injury/medical should work similarly to the jail system in the sense that certain cases/charges require you to RP in jail for longer than others and you're forced to serve you sentence.

How would this work for the injury/medical system? Depending on the severity of your injury you're set a specified amount of time (similar to /jailtime) that you're required to RP the effects of said injury, go to appointments/treatements in order to recover, etc.

What does this achieve? I feel that this would prevent people for voiding their injuries. People RP their character surviving several gunshot wounds but don't do the subsequent RP of the injuries. Thus, having people walking around perfectly fine a day after taking six shots to the chest.

11 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

What do you guys think about paid healthcare? having people pay for treatment & ambulance services and the ability to have health insurance that reduces costs? 

Paid healthcare is good. People should have consequences to injury, it's in-line with the U.S, and we should have a system that contributes to active money sinks. Obviously this should also include medicaid/etc for people RP'ing poor chars. Companies/businesses/thegovernment should have options to offer health insurance to their employees and so forth too, maybe even provide the ability for player run health insurance businesses.

Edited by Sam2
6 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

Let's not use this topic as a method of bashing factions and moreso fo looking towards the future 🙂 

Not even bashing, there's a problem that needs fixed. So let's fix the problem instead of trying to put a band aid over a problem that clearly needs more than a band aid to fix it.

Introducing another ambulance service wouldn't help anything. Right now we need to focus on building up the two existing services we have right now. FD and PHMC. Introducing another service would spread people out too much in my opinion, rather than fixing the core issue which is staffing. 🙂 

• Upvote 6