The future of medical roleplay

I think we need more private clinics and programs to help people with addictions With a proper command people can adjust others' addictions. Maybe a system where your character can catch a cold sometimes, showing it with coughs or such with automatic /ame's
This could prompt players to visit a doctor, just like when a car needs fixing. Even though we have Pillbox, having more private dentists or health centers would give us more things to do and make the game more interesting for everyone.

• Upvote 4

I'm really not a fan of the idea of forcing random statuses on people (diseases), but injury roleplay is beyond absurd. Literally saw someone sprint into an apartment with five gunshots to the gut, walk out 5 minutes later, and "/me comes out with his injuries self surgery'd". 

Something like long-term debuffs for injuries (movement speed reduction, carry capacity reduction, increased recoil?) that can be treated by doctors and requires medical items that only professionals have access to. This could extend to short-term effects too like blurry vision for a minute or so after a hard crash, blood loss from big trauma... idk go wild

• Upvote 14

Just please don't bring RPG-ish alike elements to it. You can perfectly fine RP illness or w/e already by just roleplaying. You have various tools already if you decide to want to do this. Roll and chance if they catch some sort of illness but don't force it in RPG-alike ways and scripts. Not everyone enjoys this.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

I feel like PHMC's current leadership stepped up greatly under the new leadership, I've seen a ton of activity from them, maybe have FD agree with raising their capacity for paramedic slots, increased incentives maybe actually have it monetized, the medical bills and so forth. But uh, severely monitor it and like don't let it get out of hand. 

• Upvote 1

Actual illnesses with specific types of medicine to combat it would be cool. Some based on prescription maybe that would require you to visit a hospital, and if there's no hospital staff around maybe it can be NPC'ed through a pharmacy business somewhere? Just brainstorming.

6 minutes ago, pazzz said:

A little bit more of an advanced injury system may be a good idea.

For example, if you get hurt someone, either that's with a gun, knife whatever. As your character bleeds out, it should have random intervals of stumbling, slower movement, limping, maybe even your screen blacking out for a second or two. This could also be adjusted by having drug HP for example, which could potentially give your character more adrenaline, letting them push through it a little more before the effects come into play.

If you get shot or stabbed, you have a % chance of falling over when running or you can't run at all. Jumping etc.

Just now, Undercontrol said:

I feel like PHMC's current leadership stepped up greatly under the new leadership, I've seen a ton of activity from them, maybe have FD agree with raising their capacity for paramedic slots, increased incentives maybe actually have it monetized, the medical bills and so forth. But uh, severely monitor it and like don't let it get out of hand. 

afaik pillbox arent at their paramedic cap right now, so i highly suggest anyone interested to get involved, same with FD! we absolutely love sharing our knowledge/experience with the community

as far as my suggestion goes, some sort of better injury system maybe even some sort of LifePak system for us to use

6 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

Hey everyone! 

Server management and LFM are looking to push forward the medical roleplay aspect of our community and further develop it! 

We are seeking ideas and suggestions and we would like to know what you, as our community members, think we should do to make this field of roleplay more entertaining, interesting, and attractive.

We are open to hearing about anything from new factions to complex script implementations.

Whether it's an illness system or a more advanced injury system, we want to hear it all!!  

Please, use this topic to discuss and share your ideas 😄😄

I actually made a topic about this long ago which you yourself responded to with "make this happen please"

I would like to take this opportunity to bring it up again!

I am a strong believer in persistence for medical stuff in the manner I put in this topic. Medical roleplay requires active, non-passive involvement from people, and for that to happen you need to make it matter to them. Long term and short term. If they can simple relog to remove any of their issues then changes to medicine won't work because you aren't making them matter. You need mechanical impact and mechanical requirements for things in order for that to take place, not rules, and this is where we must go.

There must be something more and it must require players to engage in the gameplay loop. You should give players an indepth mechanical system and it must persist between relogs and restarts. If someone can effectively avoid using a hospital by just waiting for a restart then there is no point to any of the changes. Consequences matter.

Also if people worry about people having to NPC stuff because noone online, that's fine. There should be an NPC command usable only in the hospital when noone is on hospital duty, BUT the use of that command must log information which is then available to PHMC staff (name, injuries, cost of treatment, time and date, etc).

Also bring back overdosing, which has vanished. Overdosing is an important *roleplay* factor of consuming drugs, and it is gone. Right now you can snort 500g of cocaine and suffer no ill-effects which is quite frankly ridiculous. 

• Upvote 9
Just now, Jorgensen said:

If you get shot or stabbed, you have a % chance of falling over when running or you can't run at all. Jumping etc.

The suggestion I made up there is similar, but.

Instead of that, just add a way to deal "permanent health damage" that can only be restored after an actual hospital visit, where a doctor will have to actually roleplay the treatment and then use the script to restore the health to the regular max.

And that won't go away on PK's either.