Phone battery and signal

Amcha

21 hours ago, DeshazZ said:

I guess you can just turn off your phone and RP your battery dead.

The signal part could also be RP'ed as per common sense. If I am on top of a high mountain or so, clearly I wouldn't have any signal and therefore I'll just RP no signal.

See above. Both mountains in the game have signal towers on them. You would most definitely have signal on them. This is from someone who exclusively RPs in the county. There is no logical reason not to have any cell service anywhere in the state.

• Developer
On 2/9/2024 at 1:40 PM, PeopleKind said:

See above. Both mountains in the game have signal towers on them. You would most definitely have signal on them. This is from someone who exclusively RPs in the county. There is no logical reason not to have any cell service anywhere in the state.

From personal experience, even though mountains do have cell towers on them, they're directional. The wave is sent in multiple directions which then gets picked up from your phone. However, the closer you are to the tower, the more probable it is for your connection to get lost as your phone switches from one wave direction to another (as they are all close by). Plus, there is always partial coverage due to interference, cliff blocking proper receiving, and so forth. Matter of fact, you would barely have signal in the basement of a brick house as well, or in a house built with double-brick.

As for the battery, we do not think it would fit the environment we have. Both suggestions will be forwarded for discussion, however, and we'll see what we can take and build from the two. 

• nickM locked this topic