60FPS Cap to level out competitive gameplay

20 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

This is scientifically incorrect. Frames per second is a measurement stating how many times a frame is rendered per second, providing you with the view you have. Each frame is individually rendered and sequenced by your graphics card, producing the fluent "video" you're used to seeing. Your frames are not provided by the server, but rather by your hard drive or SSD, on which the content of the game is stored. Hence why an SSD provides a more fluent gaming experience AND can help combat texture loss.

Your ping denotes the delay between you and the server (e.g a measurement for your connection, measured by how long it takes for a server to respond to a ping in miliseconds..) It could affect rendering the CEF windows of scripts, and in some cases the sync of other players, but it will not affect your FPS in and of itself. Too many players in 1 small space for example would, but that is not caused by the server, but rather by the load the individual peds put on your system.

If you had less FPS in GTAW than SP. That's simply because of the amount of vehicle mods, player peds, and other things your game has to render when it's in RAGE. Which is also dependent on the optimization of RAGEMP as a client. Things you don't have to load when you're in SP. Hence why SP will always have vastly better FPS than RAGEMP.

--

That put aside, I disagree with limiting the many for benefit of the few. A competitive mode would be a solution to this, if such a thing would be possible server-side by developers. That said, it seems like a rather big effort for a small win, I don't see this benefitting a vast majority of the server, seeing as how it's already been said that shooting isn't massively affected by being locked to 60 fps vs unlocked. 

I'm going to -1 this seeing as how it's a big effort for very little gain. How many players would use this and benefit from it vs how many players would be hurt by a server-wide FPS gap is too great imho. Devs' time could be better spent on other, more urgent features/bugs.

Sadly this is untrue, the server can play on your FPS. Best example with another game, the infamous Star Citizen. If I play right after they restarted the server, I've an easy 60-70 FPS. 3-4 hours later, same server? I start my game, log in and I can barely get to 30 FPS. It is well known their server are kinda shit and it impact your FPS in the end. Explain this to me now? Nothing changed in those 3-4 hours for me, it's just the server not transmitting his stuff as quick as it used to be.

Again, it's just with RageMP as well, it's well known it's a shitty client coded weirdly, their streamer always been shit and it's why the moment you have a little bit of vehicles and players in the same spot you just lose performance and it's get worse if your ping is high.

1 hour ago, Zenko said:

Competitive or not, this is an RP server, if you feel like you are not shooting faster, then try to use cover, or if you can't drive faster than someone, just drive and accept your fate or develop your character in another direction.

Even as someone that has my character race in these leagues legally, I couldn't have said it better than Zenko.

I understand the issue posed in the initial post, and even if this was something only to be used in interiors, this is going too far for the most part. Just let the RP happen, as it adds to it in my opinion. Having a laggy day? Car felt off, something was wrong with the setup. 

This would only subtract from RP quality, giving more of an incentive and focus on winning and being the fastest.

It's been known for a long time that the GTA 5 physics engine is highly affected by FPS in the way it functions.

There are numerous videos on this on youtube highlighting the advantages which can be had, many shown by GTA Speedrunners but also by people passionate about racing on GTA, in some cases showing a difference of multiple seconds difference per lap in a race.

The argument of 'Go play Forza' or low IQ comments like that are the same as saying 'go play euro truck simulator' to a trucker or 'go play VR chat' to a serial ERP'er (which they really should btw).

People do what they want to do in World not purely for the activity itself but because they enjoy the RP aspect surrounding it so let's respect each others wishes to do so without all this childish judgement.

However this doesn't change the fact that, like in a gangbang shoot-out, the best gunman survives, people who do competitive racing RP want the best driver to win, not the person who'se able to squeeze the most performance out of GTA's broken physics engine.

While I get that a server wide FPS cap would kick some people in the shins, at the same time, I can assure you your ERP will still be just as cringe to watch at 60 FPS versus 120 FPS. Ideally this would be linked to a player, a dim or at most, a server wide thing purely during the time an event requires it, causing minimal if any disadvantage to players.

The only ones who can decide and tell us whether this is 'too much effort' are the people writing the actual code, so.. let's not use that bullshit argument without knowing the facts either.

Coming from someone who has no issue crunching out very high FPS, anything to level the playing field and take away unfair advantage is a +1 from me.

5 hours ago, RennSportAMG said:

Make a "competition mode" where a certain dimension/player can be capped at 60fps temporarily. This being visible to others with a marker along their name tag.

Only this. For racing.