IC jail roleplay & timings

cmrnkenzie

Hi, 

So I'm also pretty new on the server. Been around roleplaying on SAMP for 8+ years but only moved to gta v a week ago. 

Since coming here, one thing I've picked up on that bothers me is how the criminal system is set up. Unless I'm mistaken, the prison doesn't actively get used at all here. So, when you're caught by police you sit in a cell in the police station. Here's my problem;

An example is that the other day one of my mates was eventually caught after a police pursuit and was obviously jailed for evading them. Nothing else, not murder, no guns on him, drugs, just evading and traffic charges. For that? 15 hours. 

I absolutely respect that there needs to be an element of risk to your actions and consequence, otherwise it'd resort to madness and lack of realism. The issue is, that you're forced to spent every minute of those 15 hours, sat in game staring at a wall. 

There is literally zero opportunity to roleplay in this time so you're essentially receiving an OOC punishment for creating roleplay, which seems stupid? 

It isn't like you are able to serve the time offline and be restricted from the server for however long you're sentenced but that's literally time you have to spend in game, which makes no sense. I'm not sure if it's just me but that seems way too long to spend in a jail, restricted from any kind of roleplay when after all it's a game. 

I feel like anything over 3 hours and you should be transported to the prison where you're able to interact with other prisoners and have a proper system set up. 

Currently the time counts off when you are offline too. I personally think that If the legit prison gets finally implemented I would like the sentences to be more higher as well. Or maybe in the future  with a legit active prison the time would not count down when offline. 

1 minute ago, Tr1bal said:

Currently the time counts off when you are offline too. I personally think that If the legit prison gets finally implemented I would like the sentences to be more higher as well. Or maybe in the future  with a legit active prison the time would not count down when offline. 

if it does count off when you're offline at the minute thats fair enough, didn't actually realise that. but yeah actual prison rp would be nic e

Yeah it for sure does count when you log off; so it's not all bad and I feel this is the best way to get around the lack of a prison system until the DoC is finally implemented. 

I have no doubts that the jail time system will be revamped once the DoC is actually released and we can all be confident that they'll handle it well. Nor do I feel it will be that long realistically by the rapid release of content that is coming out since I joined. 

4 hours ago, cmrnkenzie said:

if it does count off when you're offline at the minute thats fair enough, didn't actually realise that. but yeah actual prison rp would be nic e

I do get your frustration, however, DoC is being revamped and worked on with efforts behind. The old DoC was functioning just fine, once the server moved away from the old client system to RageMP, DoC wasn't compatible anymore. Therefore, the whole prison needs a workover, yet it is easier to make it from scratch, seeing the old files are corrupt with the new one that's currently running on.

DoC will be a thing, however, till that time has come, the current jail system will have to do the job. Urging this by creating threads is rather contra-productive and will lead always to the same answer. 
I think roughly 80% came from LSRP, or at least have been on there in the past - The actual idea behind SACF, DoC and so forth, it's genius. 
To the last say, even a genius needs time to lay out a proper plan on how to achieve the immersion and RP-aspects.

Patience is a virtue. 

Honestly this system is better than any i have seen so far not counting actual DoC. I rather have my character go to prison for 60-120 hours or whatever and play on an alt if i really want to play gtaw. Because rply your character is away and there is actual impact on your character being gone, especially if you are in a criminal faction. I think it is a great system right now and the development team should take their time implementing DoC and releasing it once its ready instead of rushing it.

Just now, Smilesville said:

It's already in the works, but we have a number of obstacles in the way - in the meantime, consider weighing in on the possibility of a temporary prison to set the groundwork for when we finally get a functioning Department of Corrections in!

Noted.

I will, however, try to improve on this idea by providing some full details based on the obstacles which would help. I foresee the biggest obstacle to be that GTA V doesn't have a native prison interior, which could be solved by mods - which RAGEMP doesn't fully support. This, however, can be built, or, an interior resembling a prison (or close to) can be used. In terms of functionality, I have some ideas which can be properly implemented in the current system state. Thanks for this my dude.