The Perfect GTA World

CertifiedKiller
Message added by sevo,

A polite reminder to all commenters to keep the common courtesy rule in mind with your replies to this discussion. Discussions such as these are welcome, so long as they do not become toxic and get out of hand. Keep it civil please, thank you.

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

What I personally find incredibly sad on GTA:W and has been a motivation killer is how some admins interfere with factions and force decisions on them without ever having lead a faction themselves, they don't understand the implications of certain decisions and have no experience on what its like to run a faction. The way you're basically juggling everything behind the scene, constantly trying to keep people as motivated as possible. Making promises things will get better, showing them love by granting rewards and the likes of that. The sheer amount of hard work that goes into things, only for someone with minimum faction leadership experience to come in and force their will on you. This is COMPLETELY different to being an admin and simply does not compare. Not only is it extremely authoritarian and disrespectful, it completely ruins any motivation players have and they end up in limbo or worse, they quit the server.

So for me, in the perfect GTA:W you would have IFM/LFM admins work together with leaderships to improve things and not impose their totalitarian ideology just because they can.

Respectfully.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, alina2137 said:

You could also roleplay the significant other or a family member of someone who lives and therefore roleplays a lot in the ghetto.

OOC reactions to this approach have been less than warm. There's a not insignificant portion of the folks there that will report you if you don't have an actual property in the area despite claiming to be a resident.

Back on topic, there's a lot that can be improved upon... As someone earlier mentioned though, we have some folks that just want this to be GTAO, and an admin team that isn't allowed to do anything about it.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

OOC reactions to this approach have been less than warm. There's a not insignificant portion of the folks there that will report you if you don't have an actual property in the area despite claiming to be a resident.

No offense but that's a load of bollocks. It's definitely an insignificant portion, because most faction members don't even own a property themselves in those areas. It was obviously a you problem and not a them problem, or you just came across a very bad faction.

8 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Well, I suggest you tell those OOC over-reacting dipshits that they might as well go outside and touch some grass. If you feel the need to report someone over a lack of property in an area they are playing in, seriously, if anything is an indicator to turn off the computer and go outside? It is exactly THAT.

This server relies on interiors/properties for roleplay way too much anyways, and that has been a problem I have been talking about ever since I started playing here in 2018, but back then everyone said I was crazy.

15 hours ago, Xantholic said:

No offense but that's a load of bollocks. It's definitely an insignificant portion, because most faction members don't even own a property themselves in those areas. It was obviously a you problem and not a them problem, or you just came across a very bad faction.

9 hours ago, alina2137 said:

Well, I suggest you tell those OOC over-reacting dipshits that they might as well go outside and touch some grass. If you feel the need to report someone over a lack of property in an area they are playing in, seriously, if anything is an indicator to turn off the computer and go outside? It is exactly THAT.

This server relies on interiors/properties for roleplay way too much anyways, and that has been a problem I have been talking about ever since I started playing here in 2018, but back then everyone said I was crazy.

The issue is, they're not technically wrong. Ordinarily I don't humor folks when they make such grandiose claims about how they'll be seeing me in the reports section (go look, I haven't served or been served ever during my years in GTAW), but when it comes to the matter of it potentially being powergaming to say that I have something when I don't? ...like, I can't say I have a gun without actually having the gun item, so how is it not infringing on the same rules to claim that I have a home when I don't?

Again, I haven't had to answer a report EVER during my time in GTAW, so I'd like some clarification before engaging in roleplay that might change that. I'd love to tell these dudes to shove it, but I'd like to do so while still adhering to the rules.

21 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

...like, I can't say I have a gun without actually having the gun item, so how is it not infringing on the same rules to claim that I have a home when I don't?

Yes. But roleplay has suspension of disbelief. The ghetto is not an area with like barely 50 houses down on Grove Street and in the surrounding areas. Realistically, the city is a booming metropolis with millions of citizens. Plenty of them homeless, but the majority not.

I used to NPC having my character's mom come with her for a prison visit and I was not accused of powergaming having parents, it's just common sense that you would have parents unless you're an orphan or lost them somehow. Guns are a different story, same with, for example, scenarios where you'd randomly ass-pull having a friend with you when you get pressed in the street despite being there alone.

For passive roleplay, things such as NPCing having parents, a house in the area, a car that is in the workshop despite not owning one script-wise is fine. This helps build character, get into more scenarios, extend what you can potentially roleplay and so on. This should ONLY be an issue when you ass-pull something to avoid something else, for example running away from a group of bangbangers only to /me running into your parents' place on Strawberry Avenue.

Furthermore, this is not strictly related to that topic, but let me cook here. If we did not have suspension of disbelief and the ability to create our own character background, we would all have to ACTUALLY attend university or other education for some time on the server before we could become a doctor, lawyer, even a god damn accountant. But we do not. You can either gain OOC knowledge and put it into your character, have Google on the other monitor to aid you with roleplaying or you could also attend the university if that fits your character. But then imagine creating a 40 year old character who is to be a doctor in the city and them having to attend medical education because fuck you and your background - that would make no sense.

On 12/30/2023 at 6:11 AM, CertifiedKiller said:

Let's speak briefly on the rule of chain robbing. Though I think we can ALL agree that chain robbing does not happen in real life. You're not going to get a criminal going from person to person to rob them of their valuables, however - you're going to find criminal gangs that specialize in quick smash and grab robberies, of which are VERY prevalent in cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles in California. You'll get groups of people roaming around areas, breaking car windows and taking anything in view, though when someone tried to portray this very thing on GTA World they were met with administrator punishment.  Rules like this and restrictions like not being able to use cars in robberies and you can see why it might be frustrating to be an illegal role-player.  

In what world is chain robbing not happen in real life? One google search and a little bit of common sense easily disapproves that chain-robbing happen quite frequently in real life. Not sure what country you live in, but in the US it's a common occurrence. To say this doesn't happen is pretty dumb take.

One example: https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/man-robbed-several-people-newark-same-day-found-guilty

Second example: https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/08/08/at-least-6-people-robbed-during-apparent-early-morning-crime-spree-police-say/

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, alina2137 said:

Yes. But roleplay has suspension of disbelief. The ghetto is not an area with like barely 50 houses down on Grove Street and in the surrounding areas. Realistically, the city is a booming metropolis with millions of citizens. Plenty of them homeless, but the majority not.

I used to NPC having my character's mom come with her for a prison visit and I was not accused of powergaming having parents, it's just common sense that you would have parents unless you're an orphan or lost them somehow. Guns are a different story, same with, for example, scenarios where you'd randomly ass-pull having a friend with you when you get pressed in the street despite being there alone.

For passive roleplay, things such as NPCing having parents, a house in the area, a car that is in the workshop despite not owning one script-wise is fine. This helps build character, get into more scenarios, extend what you can potentially roleplay and so on. This should ONLY be an issue when you ass-pull something to avoid something else, for example running away from a group of bangbangers only to /me running into your parents' place on Strawberry Avenue.

Furthermore, this is not strictly related to that topic, but let me cook here. If we did not have suspension of disbelief and the ability to create our own character background, we would all have to ACTUALLY attend university or other education for some time on the server before we could become a doctor, lawyer, even a god damn accountant. But we do not. You can either gain OOC knowledge and put it into your character, have Google on the other monitor to aid you with roleplaying or you could also attend the university if that fits your character. But then imagine creating a 40 year old character who is to be a doctor in the city and them having to attend medical education because fuck you and your background - that would make no sense.

I think the major conflict with this assessment that could lead to very tangible ramifications (like being reported for powergaming), is that a character history of having parents, or an education, isn't a tangible server asset that has an  extensive market, regulations, and rules surrounding it, at least not on the scale of houses and firearms. I can say I have an education, within reason, and nothing tangible needs to be pulled from the server to make that happen.

...whereas a house or a home in general, does require something to pull from the server, specifically an actual building, much like how a robber has to pull out a tangible gun to prove they have a tangible gun. You can't burn an education, but you SHOULD have the ability to burn the home of someone that's offended you for whatever petty reason gang RPers conjure. Can't do that when it turns out you never really had an ingame home, which crosses a line almost nearly as fast as when someone holds you at gunpoint, and you find out only after the tables are turned that they never had a gun to begin with.

It's an area that staff should probably clear up, but I don't think they will because the housing market situation is being constantly mishandled, and nobody should get the excuse of being able to stash guns in their secret home that is as totally real as their girlfriend from the school in Canada.

• Upvote 1

There’s a good chunk of revisions that need to be made before GTAW is perfect. With GTA6 dropping next year, I hope to see those revisions made during 2024. The changes that need to be made have to go through FM so I’m interested in seeing what updates they have planned. 

• Upvote 1