Spectating Poker

2 hours ago, vralf said:

no SHIT 😭 why would anyone in their right mind allow spectators to see everyones cards
n why would u only be able to see the flop? just ruined this whole suggestion for me

on a more positive note, you should definitely get your own staff rank called "ideas man" because these are some great points

No need to be passive aggressive, I've personally spoken with devs and admins both that don't know how to play poker at all so maybe they don't know that all spectators shouldn't be able to see everyone's cards. If you take a look at the blackjack spectate mode, you can see everyone's cards. It's easy to know what the obvious restrictions should be when you know how to play but to somebody with less knowledge of the game, that's a different story.

14 hours ago, jromjeksin said:

If this becomes a thing it should be designed as follows;

-When spectating, you can't see the cards players have

-You can only see the flop

-You can only see actions (calls, raises, folds)

-You can only see the cards players of players still in the round have once the round ends

If you allow people to see anything more than this, it will lead to metagaming and cheating.

Alternatively, spectating could be done with a 5 minute/1-2 round delay, if that makes it more interesting and if you want to offer spectators the ability to see player's cards.

12 hours ago, jromjeksin said:

No need to be passive aggressive, I've personally spoken with devs and admins both that don't know how to play poker at all so maybe they don't know that all spectators shouldn't be able to see everyone's cards. If you take a look at the blackjack spectate mode, you can see everyone's cards. It's easy to know what the obvious restrictions should be when you know how to play but to somebody with less knowledge of the game, that's a different story.

So you think a dev will start developing this spectator script and not look into what poker is?

2 hours ago, vralf said:

So you think a dev will start developing this spectator script and not look into what poker is?

To be honest, I have no interest in arguing with you on a suggestion thread. It's clear you didn't read my previous reply where I stated that I have spoken with devs 1 on 1 in voice chat and not all of them play poker or know how to play poker so giving them a heads up on what should and shouldn't show is fine. 

1 hour ago, jromjeksin said:

To be honest, I have no interest in arguing with you on a suggestion thread. It's clear you didn't read my previous reply where I stated that I have spoken with devs 1 on 1 in voice chat and not all of them play poker or know how to play poker so giving them a heads up on what should and shouldn't show is fine. 

Well thank goodness we've got someone as smart as you to let us peons know what's what

3 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

You must be bored. Couldn't imagine going on the forums and searching for random threads to derail because you have nothing better to do. 

1 hour ago, jromjeksin said:

To be honest, I have no interest in arguing with you on a suggestion thread.

• nickM locked this topic
  • Developer

Implemented for the next update.

Notes:

- You cannot /jointable nor /spectable elsewhere while spectating or playing.

- The distance one can spectate from is slightly larger than that of the current Blackjack system, to allow for tournament organizations.

- Distancing yourself from the table will automatically kick you out.

- Players will see only table cards (flop, turn, and river)

- Player cards will be displayed at the end of the round if two or more players are actively playing at the table (similar to how the system currently works for those playing).

• Upvote 1