Metagaming, OOC vs IC, and Bleeding

Astralsomnia

Alright, well I was gunna write some elaborate troll about this, and compare certain things to the holocaust, but eh, not feeling it right now, so ima be genuine for once.

So, bleeding is when your OOC and IC feelings bleed into each other. For example, two characters get in a fight, but one player starts to dislike the other for it. That kinda shit runs rampant on this server, but its even a core features of factions too. You're not allowed to join any legal faction if your character has committed any crimes, and you have to report any time you do, even if its on an alt character. Illegal factions aren't innocent of it either, but it goes even further in that any player who associates with me, will be blacklisted from factions because of my OOC shenanigans on the forums. This is beyond toxic behavior, and I'm surprised its allowed.

Its like people aren't even playing characters, or trying to make a story, they're just trying to powergame with their own self-inserts, and "win" the crime scene. Like, this isn't EVE Online, this is an RP community. The only thing I can sorta excuse is not allowing people to alt in two rival factions, because the likelihood of meta-gaming (even unintentionally) is too high. I mean my first week here my character tagged a building because she assumed they were responsible for killing a kid, and they ended up dragging it into ooc with a /report, that was promptly dropped. That kinda shit needs to stop.

What are your thoughts? And this time I'm going to try and be a good girl not and respond to any brain dead bullshit or shitpost people add to this thread.

49 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

So, bleeding is when your OOC and IC feelings bleed into each other. For example, two characters get in a fight, but one player starts to dislike the other for it. That kinda shit runs rampant on this server, but its even a core features of factions too. You're not allowed to join any legal faction if your character has committed any crimes, and you have to report any time you do, even if its on an alt character. 

What faction requires this? 

18 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

What faction requires this? 

Apparently all legal factions do, except for police funnily enough. Last night, a few friends and I were out vandalizing places, and they got in trouble because they have alts in legal factions, who are apparently super anal about that stuff.

1 hour ago, Astralsomnia said:

You're not allowed to join any legal faction if your character has committed any crimes, and you have to report any time you do, even if its on an alt character

Any sources to back up this extremely wild claim? "Any" legal faction is a very large brush and I know it's not "any".

Edited by Mitch
8 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Any sources to back up this extremely wild claim? "Any" legal faction is a very large brush and I know it's not "any".

The one I know for sure is the homeless shelter, said friend of mine was told she needed to inform LFM that she committed crimes on one of her character. The other character I believe was part of Davis HS?

10 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

The one I know for sure is the homeless shelter, said friend of mine was told she needed to inform LFM that she committed crimes on one of her character. The other character I believe was part of Davis HS?

Most legal factions like LSPD, LSSD, LSFD, SANFIRE etc ask that their applicants are not felons because its realistic for government agencies to not want to employ felons. Committing crimes in a legal faction fall under corruption permissions as mandated by LFM. Most faction members will need permission from their faction leader to be corrupt (Faction leaders require permission from LFM to be corrupt) and some factions are not allowed to be corrupt at all. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jorgensen said:

Most legal factions like LSPD, LSSD, LSFD, SANFIRE etc ask that their applicants are not felons because its realistic for government agencies to not want to employ felons. Committing crimes in a legal faction fall under corruption permissions as mandated by LFM. Most faction members will need permission from their faction leader to be corrupt (Faction leaders require permission from LFM to be corrupt) and some factions are not allowed to be corrupt at all. 

I mean, in this case it was a bunch of kids vandalizing a building, and one kid who's part of the homeless shelter faction got in trouble with LFM About it. Another got in trouble cuz she has an alt part of Davis HS