Interest Check In a Demolition Derby / Endurance Derby League or Event

PeopleKind

Hello, I've been thinking for some time about starting up some sort of Demolition Derby league or simply an event for it, however I'd like to see if there's any interest into it.

For those that don't know, Demolition Derby is a sport where you basically take junker cars, strip them down to bare metal (different classes for the cars as well), put them in a closed "ring" or "arena" & intentionally crash them into eachother, with the last car running being the winner. Endurance Derby is the exact same concept, except instead of a "ring" it's an actual oval track, with the winner being whoever finishes a set number of laps first, or the last car running. There are barely any rules in place, some classes have more (pro-modified) & some have only a few (bonestock). The most rule in every class is "No drivers door hits". If you've seen Banger Racing in Europe, Endurance Racing is basically the same thing, however less extreme.

Here are some videos of context to showcase derbies & endurance derbies (spoilered due to embed size);

Spoiler

Spoiler

There's a couple of high end motorsports leagues already, which are too expensive to join as an average joe, however, as a derby driver & derby team owner IRL, derbies are extremely cheap in comparison. I spend roughly $5,000 CAD a year on derbies, and that's just because I own a team & buy several scrap cars for the events throughout the year. This includes the transport, building time, driver payments, entry fees, etcetera. My idea is to bring a form of motorsport to the server that literally anyone with a license can participate in regardless of their income, as long as they can afford a dirt cheap junker car. 

I was thinking of doing a one off event at the Vinewood Dirt Track to see the general interest, but if there's more interest, I'd jump into making it a full league with multiple events & such maybe. Before that though, I'd like to ask the community for a general level of interest in this type of thing, first, so, pop in the comments with your thoughts!

I think something similar has been done before in Sandy. As for the Vinewood dirt track? I don't think that's the location for this sort of thing as it isn't meant for cars and can only support a few cars without it getting unreasonably chaotic. Not saying it can't happen, I would just want to consider other venues like a large warehouse, parking lot, fenced off dirt road, etc to help match the "beginning years" of a derby league. (But tbh that doesnt really matter just opinion.)

I really like your idea and I hope others too so we can see this through. Very excited though and will be keeping my eye out for future posts!