(M) on Facebrowser

Date of birth should be mandatory on FB, all GTAO characters look 30yo, so it's almost impossible to know if the other party is underage IC or not, and people putting 1905 on their profile doesn't help.

Or at least a hidden OOC Date of birth, showing the (M) on their profile.

Edited by Jennie
22 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Date of birth should be mandatory on FB, all GTAO characters look 30yo, so it's almost impossible to know if the other party is underage IC or not, and people putting 1905 on their profile doesn't help.

I believe DOB is mandatory on facebook, given US laws banning anyone under 13 from even being on the internet. That hasn't stopped kids from lying about their age to get on (I did), but that is something to keep in mind. I actually think facebook even banned minors period in its early days?

17 hours ago, Jennie said:

16 hours ago, Astralsomnia said:

I believe DOB is mandatory on facebook, given US laws banning anyone under 13 from even being on the internet. That hasn't stopped kids from lying about their age to get on (I did), but that is something to keep in mind. I actually think facebook even banned minors period in its early days?

I mean, yes, DOB is mandatory in every country on Facebook, as far as I know, in some places it also asks for a real ID.

Here, this change would be good to avoid a stray ban and/or any punishment.

Edited by blanco leopardo
  • Upvote 1