Have Dumpster Inventories Reset After Time Interval

Detailed Description

Clear dumpsters of their inventory after some time.  (Maybe connect this to the garbage job, somehow?)

Most dumpsters around popular locations are full of stuff that has been placed there from when the feature showcase was first introduced.  I think it would be cool if the dumpsters were emptied (as they would realistically be) after some time.  This could potentially be connected to the garbage job,  or simply have dumpsters randomly empty themselves after long periods of time.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More items could enter and exit dumpsters,  and it's more realistic.   The dumpster feature showcase is cool,  but it seems that most of the dumpsters placed around the server are full of items that have been around for ages.  

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Developer
On 11/24/2023 at 8:05 PM, Naryu said:

Detailed Description

Clear dumpsters of their inventory after some time.  (Maybe connect this to the garbage job, somehow?)

Most dumpsters around popular locations are full of stuff that has been placed there from when the feature showcase was first introduced.  I think it would be cool if the dumpsters were emptied (as they would realistically be) after some time.  This could potentially be connected to the garbage job,  or simply have dumpsters randomly empty themselves after long periods of time.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More items could enter and exit dumpsters,  and it's more realistic.   The dumpster feature showcase is cool,  but it seems that most of the dumpsters placed around the server are full of items that have been around for ages.  

Linking it to garbage job will be quite a challenge, not for now - I've made a system to clear their inventories once a week, every saturday.