Struggling as a Black American role player in GTAW

not sure if anyone has mentioned it but there's a lot of demographic gatekeeping when it comes to black factions. shit is understandable as there's a lot of culture you need to understand to portray a black person realistically but still - if you're white IRL (even worse white + european) you won't even be allowed to rp with a lot of prominent black roleplayers

u dont really get ragged on for being a foreigner if u wanna rp a sureno or skinhead

Edited by realitysurf
  • Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, realitysurf said:

not sure if anyone has mentioned it but there's a lot of demographic gatekeeping when it comes to black factions. shit is understandable as there's a lot of culture you need to understand to portray a black person realistically, but still - if you're white IRL (even worse white + european) you won't even be allowed to rp with a lot of prominent black roleplayers

u dont really get ragged on for being a foreigner if u wanna rp a sureno or skinhead

This is also true, it's an issue that probably won't be fixed anytime soon due to ego and the channels that are suppose to be neutral or a "safe space" allowing it to happen. You can literally see people trying to open black gangs and they just get clowned because they were misinformed on some aspect of LA politics, this rarely happens to white or mexican factions.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, black spiral dancer said:

im sure all Americans have prior experience gangbanging😂😂

No but there are some players on this sever who have served prison time and have gang banged or still do yet we still have a dynamic of people telling us certain things aren’t realistic when they’ve never been to America or experienced how easy crime is in a LARGE American city.

2 hours ago, Power said:

Never going to happen unfortunately. Its a similar frustration I have with LFM. Playerbase is dominated by Europeans so is the Admin team. And people whether explicitly or implicitly show bias towards their own group so the more Europeans you see in leadership that is who is going to get any of the open leadership spots. 

i specifically had issues with the firearms portion, all except one are American and come up with these asinine rules and have no idea how obtaining a firearm actually works.

• Upvote 4
52 minutes ago, WeBrim said:

I've been in several black gang facs and literally never seen this unless ur exagerating a little for effect. They pay actual suppliers the same as any other supplier, your friend probably got ripped off by some random.

The two guys above me summed up everything else I was gonna say perfectly. 

I remember one of the iterations of Hoovers paying 100k for a single draco from some Italians. Thats the only case of it, but from personal dealings with white factions that sell 3 guns with 300 rounds for 35k and black factions that pay 25k per firearm (again, my personal experience) it's messed up lol

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

I remember one of the iterations of Hoovers paying 100k for a single draco from some Italians. Thats the only case of it, but from personal dealings with white factions that sell 3 guns with 300 rounds for 35k and black factions that pay 25k per firearm (again, my personal experience) it's messed up lol

OOC connections my boy, don’t you know

• Upvote 5
41 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

No but there are some players on this sever who have served prison time and have gang banged or still do yet we still have a dynamic of people telling us certain things aren’t realistic when they’ve never been to America or experienced how easy crime is in a LARGE American city.

i specifically had issues with the firearms portion, all except one are American and come up with these asinine rules and have no idea how obtaining a firearm actually works.

In my opinion, it's the excessive beef. People getting PK'd all the time doesn't really create a good storyline or some development because people log in with amnesias every other day. Black street gangs need to cool down and focus on longevity. There's been a few that had lasted for months, but they got shut down do due huge rule violations. All we really need are at least 4 decent black street gangs that fixate on longevity to solve this problem. Strict faction leadership that enforces quality RP and doesn't devolve into a DM-fest every week or month. Problem is, the poor-tier RPers always provoke in the region. Easier to exist longer in a place like El Burro than Davis due to it's demographic, as Davis tends to attract all of the lower-tier RPers within the gang scene.

RL street gangs have warred with other sets for DECADES with only single-hit-style wars every once in a while. On this server? People jump the gun and aim to wipe out factions as fast as they can.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

LMAO if you think that’s purely IC, you’re completely out of your mind. The base prices on this server for guns are 25K, you need to look into someone paying 35K for 3 guns and 300 ammo. Because I tell you one thing for sure, and two things for certain if that was a black rper getting guns at that price he’d be banned for OOC dealing. 

• Upvote 5
4 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

3 pistols and extended clips for each costs around that amount just for the supplier to buy in the first place 

8 hours ago, gang enthusiast said:

There are several white roleplay suppliers, mostly skinheads, which will never supply black factions, let's be honest.

There are several Sureno roleplayers that have suppliers, they also aren't going to supply black factions. 

Frankly, they don't get supplied because when you become a supplier you start to end up looking at things from the perspective of "What can allotting a portion of my drop to Faction XYZ end up doing for me?"

Money, roleplay generated and potential willingness to slide for you is not a benefit of supplying a faction, but the bare minimum of what is expected

Even when these things aren't a factor, it's because supplying a faction helps establish diplomatic ties that help advance a faction's goals. Black factions are often a non-factor in the majority of illegal faction politics.

Until there's a significant amount of black roleplayers that possess characters with the means to supply either drugs(that aren't weed), guns or card skimmers, they're not likely to receive anything. The only reason they'd end up getting something is purely out of courtesy due to them being an OOC friend.