Questions to politics roleplayers

Coni

2 hours ago, Xantholic said:

Asking this out of genuine curiosity, not to talk shit or be rude or anything, but what point does political roleplay have? I've never seen any changes happen on an IC level due to political roleplay, maybe I'm just too bored by politics in general both ic and ooc to understand the roleplay, but that's the way I see it.

But yeah, my question is mostly, what does political roleplay bring to the server other than a bunch of dudes roleplaying arguing, and beefing with each other over things they say in media and other outlets?

I've never seen any genuine meaningful change made to IC laws or anything of that nature as a result of political roleplay, that's why I ask this.

If you ask for a point behind roleplay you already missed the mark 😄 

Roleplay is the point.

Some people like management or simply this type of political roleplay. Just like you have other people who enjoy the criminal side or enjoy roleplaying a police officer.

As to what the server has from political roleplay, an example - public figures give a news faction a new baseline - they can use the political roleplay to further their own journalistic roleplay. Otherwise news would consist of crimes 99% of the time. 

Everything influences everything. 

7 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

Unsure why you're getting so defensive and passive-aggressive over a genuine question but do you. 🤣

Defensive and passive-aggressive when I neither defended a point of mine nor attacked you on a personal basis? 

I was neither and I thought the cheerful smiley behind it portrayed that. Bad habit to interpret emotions into words but do you 🙂

2 hours ago, Xantholic said:

Asking this out of genuine curiosity, not to talk shit or be rude or anything, but what point does political roleplay have? I've never seen any changes happen on an IC level due to political roleplay, maybe I'm just too bored by politics in general both ic and ooc to understand the roleplay, but that's the way I see it.

But yeah, my question is mostly, what does political roleplay bring to the server other than a bunch of dudes roleplaying arguing, and beefing with each other over things they say in media and other outlets?

I've never seen any genuine meaningful change made to IC laws or anything of that nature as a result of political roleplay, that's why I ask this.

It isn’t only about laws but political actions, such as government investigations or statements made about particular notorious incidents. The more you involve yourself and follow politics the more it becomes clear of what goes on. Even the things we do which have no inherent power (opinions, statements, resolutions) can be fun.

Also, here’s the forum where all laws go. You can also hit ‘legislation index’ thread for a collective list of them.

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/353-san-andreas-state-laws/

2 hours ago, Barbary said:

Most people don't engage in political RP because people constantly bring up the weed veto, but seem to not be aware of basically everything else SAGOV's pushed over time. The political side of this game is active and viable, despite occasional administrative intervention.

Thank you for mentioning this. This needs to be read by many people in the community. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Zani said:

It isn’t only about laws but political actions, such as government investigations or statements made about particular notorious incidents. The more you involve yourself and follow politics the more it becomes clear of what goes on. Even the things we do which have no inherent power (opinions, statements, resolutions) can be fun.

Also, here’s the forum where all laws go. You can also hit ‘legislation index’ thread for a collective list of them.

https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/353-san-andreas-state-laws/

That's what I'm saying though. I haven't seen anyone whatsoever be affected by any of these laws in there. So from my perspective, it just looks like a bunch of legal jargon that serves no real purpose to me, but that could also because i find politics horribly boring.

For example, the child protection/adoption act, what's up with that? There's no CPS and I've never seen any of my character's fellow (M)'s end up taken into CPS custody and/or adopted. I could say the same about a lot of these other acts too.

13 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

That's what I'm saying though. I haven't seen anyone whatsoever be affected by any of these laws in there.

Just carry a jammer on your person. You will be affected by SAGOV's RP.

There was no law on it, BEFORE Political RP made it a felony.

Play a serial killer, or an approved terrorist. Get caught. You're facing a CK in the form of the Death Sentence - Again, direct result of fairly recent political RP (the Death Sentence Abolishment repeal isn't even a month old)

12 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

That's what I'm saying though. I haven't seen anyone whatsoever be affected by any of these laws in there. So from my perspective, it just looks like a bunch of legal jargon that serves no real purpose to me, but that could also because i find politics horribly boring.

For example, the child protection/adoption act, what's up with that? There's no CPS and I've never seen any of my character's fellow (M)'s end up taken into CPS custody and/or adopted. I could say the same about a lot of these other acts too.

I think it does apply but in certain ways. Even the way you’re allowed to drive, we legislate that. For example, the Freeway Safety Act, Parking Definitions Act, etc. They’re all niche in a way, but over time the Senate has proposed more and more laws which relate to particular roleplay or situations. Take for example the recently re-installed death penalty law. The democrats abolished the death penalty around 2021 or so, and just about 2-3 weeks ago, my character passed the reinstatement of it, albeit in a very watered down version. So, you could end up facing state-sanctioned death if you end up falling into the right category. There are many other things as well. Fishing laws, hunting laws, etc

20 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

CPS does exist, it’s a new venture being setup by LSGOV leadership as the bill was only passed recently. Protectees are being hired, housing setup and we’ve already got a few Ms in our protection.

Edited by NexusExodus
21 minutes ago, Xantholic said:

Trust me, you don't want CPS here in GTA:World, If you only knew how bad and unorganized it was back in LSRP, christ. And lets not forget the countless of creepy roleplayers that swarm around it.

Edited by Hart
  • Upvote 1