Business Blip (/bad) as Standalone Donator Perk

TommyX

Detailed Description

Add "Business Blip' as a standalone, separate donator perk like other perks such as name change or phone number change.  I suggest the price range be at around 50 to 100 world points monthly.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

As it stands, the cheapest way to get the business blip is to pay for the Gold Donator Package, which is 150 world points. In my opinion, I shouldn't be paying for a whole package to not use more than half of the perks. If I want to get into business roleplay, the only thing I want would be the ability to use /bad.

Adding /bad or business blip as a standalone perk at a cheaper cost would probably make it more affordable for players to get into business roleplay. Players would be more willing to pay monthly and develop long-lasting businesses, especially for small shops and stores.

I understand it's been explained many times why this feature is locked behind paywall. I believe that this suggestion can bring a good compromise and encourage creative business RP. 

Edited by TommyX
  • Upvote 2

Massive +1, though I doubt this is ever implemented.

While I understand that it is a driver for server revenue, and I do not believe that's a bad thing as I know there are costs associated with keeping the lights on, I do find it frustrating that I need to get an expensive package just to run my in-game business effectively. Opening the business and adding instructions for people to find the place via /gps doesn't work in my experience - the blip is pretty much mandatory. Having more people able to easily obtain the ability to use the blip would be good imo.

The reality of the situation is that it's a major driver of the money the server needs to stay viable. If there's a way to make this particular perk cheaper, I'd 100% support it though.

• Upvote 1

I've always supported an idea like this. Business owner can go through an extended period of time when applying for a property or lease, then most cases need to map the property to what is required for the business.

To then needing to become a donator to simply advertise their business the most effectively (I know there is the /cad blip - but hardly anyone uses that)

Introducing a donator level below Gold (Silver or Bronze) which has a far less perk pack, would be a solution.

However, as many have said before, I believe the Gold level is mostly purchased for /bad usage, so changing this would mean the money being fed into the server to cover costs, would take a significant hit.

Even adding a blip (no advert) linked to /openbusiness could be cool

Edited by Welsh
  • Upvote 2

Pretty sure this is intentional, just like not having dogs on the platinum package. The number of active gold donors lost probably wouldn't match the number of people paying for the new blip donation.

You can get a permanent business marker on the online map for 50WP a month... Not the same, but it's an alternative. 

(+1 from me I'm just saying this is why these suggestions have always been denied in the past)

I think the biggest thing for me is I am always online, and would love to open stuff up, but without Donator, you can't really open unique places. Sometimes finding a person to blip is hard too, and the /cad with GPS can be used but it doesn't like.. bring people like /bad does. I get the reasoning why to put in donator packages but it'd be nice to have an alternative way to /bad.