Aviation Improvement

Description:

Intro:

As all of you know. The aviation scene on the server is struggling, as it's not receiving much of the attention it deserves. With that being said, here's the following ideas, to try and improve it.

Piloting or Pilot Job:

1) Remove the waypoints, allow people to fly in the direction they want to. 

2) Randomize the delivery locations. LSIA to Grapeseed, Grapeseed to Sandy Shores or vice-versa.

3) Increase the payment in terms of the pilot job. As it is right now, people lose money doing this job instead of earning some. An increase from the normal 1500 to 2000-3000 maximum.

4) Fix the /notams script in-game. Pilots sometimes fly into 'no fly zones' and they get screwed for it a lot.

5) Somehow figure a way to make 'cruise control' work on planes, to keep them flying and maintaining their altitude.

6) A UI that allows you to track other aircraft's traffic, and be able to see them. 

7) A general cleanup of the flights radar after every 24 - 48 hours.

Modding:

The server genuinely needs more aircraft mods. Maybe include other aircraft from the DLCs (as long as they're not armed or OP for some reason)

Something along the following:

Maybe more.

20/SEP/2023 EDIT: Make Ultralights purchasable in-game, they've got no weapon options. They show up on radar. And can be easily regulated with the current Aviation regulations.

Edited by Toxic-san
  • Upvote 13
  • Applaud 1

Ok, if this might actually happen I'll add something then:  The UI indication of "ATC: Online" needs tweaking.  I believe it only reports "online" if anyone from SAAA is "on duty", which doesn't equate to ATC being "online".  So pilots basically ignore it.  There needs to be a separate command like "/atcactive" so we can specifically toggle that on and off.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, johndocherty16 said:

+1, I love all ideas on this page.

For the cruise control we could maybe work it so that it maintains current heading and altitude and flies in a straight line? 

Also, could we have an unarmed Rogue? 

You can remove the guns via the script menu at SAAA's hangars, I have seen people lease the Rogue already.

3 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Ok, if this might actually happen I'll add something then:  The UI indication of "ATC: Online" needs tweaking.  I believe it only reports "online" if anyone from SAAA is "on duty", which doesn't equate to ATC being "online".  So pilots basically ignore it.  There needs to be a separate command like "/atcactive" so we can specifically toggle that on and off.

You're correct, because even when our Flight School instructors, Engineers, et cetera, are on-duty (as we have ABAS to maintain, and fancy uniforms to wear) the ATC: goes to show that ATC is indeed Online, despite it being incorrect as we do not have that many ATC members who are active.

In regards to the suggestion, please do implement these changes, they'd be much appreciated as they'll hopefully cause a positive change for GTA:World'

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Toxic-san said:

Alternative ways, how?

I'm not sure and I don't really care, in the sense that ANY alternative would be be beneficial. One company or "school" having the monopoly is unhealthy, if you don't want to use their facilities you have no alternative way of obtaining a pilot license. Which from my personal experience, drives a lot of people away from even attempting to get involved. I can guarantee any alternative, be it a second school or anything else will bring a lot more players to the scene.

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I'm not sure and I don't really care, in the sense that ANY alternative would be be beneficial. One company or "school" having the monopoly is unhealthy, if you don't want to use their facilities you have no alternative way of obtaining a pilot license. Which from my personal experience, drives a lot of people away from even attempting to get involved. I can guarantee any alternative, be it a second school or anything else will bring a lot more players to the scene.

The so called monopoly, does not exist. I don't know, what you're talking about.

SAAA has flight school applications open for members of the community. But no one, wishes to do so. So, how do you expect other flight schools to exist, when nobody wants to make them?

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I mwan there are waya to open your own flight school. No one has tried I think though. 

Hell I'd love to make my own flight school with other people and I know a couple people who has a new private flight school in works. 

Edited by BullChan
  • Price locked this topic