Activity Heatmap in the UCP

Coni

Hi,

I would like to suggest a heatmap to show player activity in the UCP (similar to the maps for rentable and buyable properties). 

This would help people, especially those playing in untypical timezones to see where the most activity can be found  and in which area.

Map could update every hour or so based on where the players are located during the time of refresh.

It's a good idea but I fear how this could be used for metagame. Having it refresh every hour would mitigate this but also in that hour, people could have moved on to a completely different location making it redundant. 

7 hours ago, F34 said:

It's a good idea but I fear how this could be used for metagame. Having it refresh every hour would mitigate this but also in that hour, people could have moved on to a completely different location making it redundant. 

I agree with this. While it is a good idea for people who RP during the less active hours to find some RP to do or people to meet, people could use it to metagame their way into meeting gangs and such.

Whilst I agree some might think of it as MG there could be ways to do it:

block it out in massive chunks to separate parts of the city and have the whole area similar to how the crime zone map works but have it a certain shade of a colour depending on how many people are in that part (and make it large enough chunks of land it doesn't specify where people are exactly)

+1 because sometimes new players/chars just need a little help to meet people and this seems like a good idea to find rp out in the streets instead of being stuck inside interiors and might make things more lively

• Upvote 1

I'm against this, if you have a group of 10 people hiding out in the woods, you don't want suddenly that to show up as an active area on the UCP if you're out in the county.

/badblips already point people into areas of commerce and where activity is. 

• Upvote 3