What did your characters teach you?

How to grow shroomies (theoretically)
How to grow weed (theoretically)
Sooooome law enforcement knowledge, and a lot of American case law

Basic medical knowledge, how to patch people up and so forth
How bad it is in major cities, how bad the USA can be and how fucked the system is when you're poor (was researching for character)
Drug effects and what kinda drugs will destroy your life, what's safe and how it works

That's like the basics I can recall, but generally learned a lot about stuff I didn't know through research cause I wanted to roleplay realistic characters

Jeffrey Gardner was one of my first characters. I made him a doctor first then I had him join SAPR. I was pretty immature when I first joined this community, but Jeffrey was supposed to be a calm, patient, collected, mature, intelligent character, through whom I was able to learn how to “grow up” in real life, too. At least thats what I like to think. I played on him a lot and filtered some of my impulsiveness through him. I had to frequently stop and ask myself “would this 46 year old man really do what I want to do right now?”. Loved that character. miss him. never did anything dumb on him. never got in admin trouble. never used him as a vehicle for my OOC thoughts or whims. nothing!

• Upvote 1

With my current character being from late 2021, having him be a mallrat, then a criminal in Liberty City when Nervous dropped LC, and now having Area 53 on LS (and technically LC), I learned that patience is a virtue and that in the criminal world, you really gotta be manipulative and calculative. People that can anger you control you. And that some friends are best kept as acquaintances and others as family (corny right?). 

(And I learned how to make drugs and guns so that too lmfao, god the GTAW community knows more illegal shit than War Thunder players, its crazy)

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1