Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

18 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Even then, restricted crime zones don't apply to factions within the general area. Makes the suggestion uneeded.

This really. Refering to that other thread about fear and similar issues, creating more rules that then have loopholes is the very least thing we should do, regardless what we're talking about now.

45 minutes ago, knppel said:

This really. Refering to that other thread about fear and similar issues, creating more rules that then have loopholes is the very least thing we should do, regardless what we're talking about now.

It's not really a loophole. If a faction's lore states that a group exists in a certain area, they should be allowed to commit crimes in those areas and the surrounding ones.

• Upvote 2

I don't really agree. Personally, I find that it makes sense for criminals to target the area where rich people are known to live, rather than poorer areas. I agree that it could be done a bit better instead of having people randomly walking around and breaking into the first house they see without caring about any CCTV that should be surrounding the place, but overall, it seems more like an IC issue.

• Upvote 1

I can absolutely get behind this. It's completely ridiculous how much crime there is here, more so than in low income areas. On one occasion, in my previous house in the Hills, I was broken into /5 times in 1 week/. And no, that is not an IC issue. That is a blatant OOC issue, since this is not realistic AT ALL. The /cim's from the previous robber were still there when the next one came in. I ultimately had to house request a different property simply because of the RIDICULOUS amount of crime that takes place here. Being broken into is fine, but not in the amounts that currently take place. It should be rule-enforced that low-level criminals cannot go to these areas. It's a poor excuse for wanting to rob the inventory of every house in a high-income area.

What more can I do to live in my supposed luxury neighborhood without being broken into every day? I have CCTV. Top locks. Security alarm with a large company. Regular patrols from said company. Do I need to hire a Private Military Company to station an armed buggy outside my house? It's just ridiculous at this point.

Either these areas need to become crime-restricted or CK'able upon death as the criminal in my opinion. Ignoring 10 CCTV cameras, hopping in people's backyards in extremely high-security areas (which almost NEVER happens irl, might I add) should be a CK'able offense if you're willing to take the risk.

Not to mention, a lot of people blatantly break this rule doing it.

ZLCWN19.png

Edited by Jacooob
  • Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Jacooob said:

I can absolutely get behind this. It's completely ridiculous how much crime there is here, more so than in low income areas. On one occasion, in my previous house in the Hills, I was broken into /5 times in 1 week/. And no, that is not an IC issue. That is a blatant OOC issue, since this is not realistic AT ALL. The /cim's from the previous robber were still there when the next one came in. I ultimately had to house request a different property simply because of the RIDICULOUS amount of crime that takes place here. Being broken into is fine, but not in the amounts that currently take place. It should be rule-enforced that low-level criminals cannot go to these areas. It's a poor excuse for wanting to rob the inventory of every house in a high-income area.

What more can I do to live in my supposed luxury neighborhood without being broken into every day? I have CCTV. Top locks. Security alarm with a large company. Regular patrols from said company. Do I need to hire a Private Military Company to station an armed buggy outside my house? It's just ridiculous at this point.

Either these areas need to become crime-restricted or CK'able upon death as the criminal in my opinion. Ignoring 10 CCTV cameras, hopping in people's backyards in extremely high-security areas (which almost NEVER happens irl, might I add) should be a CK'able offense if you're willing to take the risk.

ZLCWN19.png

Exactly this. 5 times a week is insane and unrealistic. Robberies take place but this is on an unrealistic level. At this point even Afghanistan would be a safer place to live. 

"Ignoring 10 CCTV cameras, hopping in people's backyards in extremely high-security areas (which almost NEVER happens irl, might I add) should be a CK'able offense if you're willing to take the risk."

This shouldn't even be allowed in the first place but I agree. 

• Upvote 1

restrict this, restrict that, limit and control RP, inhibit and hinder actions, regulate every aspect of illegal RP, make the hills a safe space for all the ERPers, safe zone half of the city, ban robberies, remove illegal guns, make drug usage disgusting roleplay (bannable up to 2 years), give LEOs belt fed miniguns and jetpacks, add sex dungeons for legal roleplayers in the next major update, give legal RPers a safeword to halt any roleplay interaction with them (make it bannable if they don't comply) providing a great safe space, make crime STRICTLY forbidden because crime doesn't happen.

laughable that people with no responsibilities, achievements or real perspective give their takes on what needs to be restricted on a roleplay server. if this really seems like a serious issue that needs to be resolved, then maybe take a step outside of your cave and realize that the world isn't perfect. far from it in fact. grow some balls and stop whining about every single aspect of roleplay.

Edited by trenbolone acetate
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Jacooob said:

ZLCWN19.png

I get your point, and it really doesn't make sense for someone to:

A) Break into a house that clearly shows signs of a previous break-in.

B) Ignore all security measures and not take precautions with roleplay.

However, I don't think it's a problem with how the rule is applied; instead, it's a poor RP problem. If people ignore all the security measures in the property and break in without being careful and with no care in the world, I personally see it as a player's problem that won't exactly be solved with making the area a restricted crime zone. I do like the idea of making these types of break-ins CK'able if it's gonna force people to be more cautious and roleplay the break-in correctly. But in my opinion, making the entire area as a restricted crime zone seems a bit excessive.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic