The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

So we got added corpses who stay over restart.

That's great, I love when stuff are more realistic and don't magically disappear.

But we have a problem where police doesn't respond to those calls (because imo they're not as fun).

This would result in having corpses everywhere. It's gotten to a point where we have to lie in 911 and say the person is unconscious rather than dead so we can barely get any form of response.

My faction constantly runs into corpses and we always report them, 90% of the time nobody responds. It's not the problem for coroners responding, it's the police.

• Upvote 6

LEOs don't like dealing with dead bodies because 99% there's no incentive too.

On an OOC level, dealing with a corpse is time consuming and leads to no fruitful RP for the LEOs because the investigation won't go anywhere.

On an IC level, if we took the death rate of Los Santos at face value, there isn't a single person on the planet who'd willingly be a cop in a city that's basically Mosul on steroids.

This was brought up in a past thread. The only way for people to give a shit about bodies again is to find a way to throttle how many show up. Because otherwise PD, SD and FD get burned out to the point of total apathy, which is the point we're already at. It turns playing the game into an abject chore.

• Upvote 3

Just make it easier for police to deal with, give them a command like /coroner which removes the body and have it NPC roleplayed if there’s no coroner online. Don’t force them to establish a crime scene etc if it’s a corpse that has been there for ages, unless detectives want to arrive on scene to deal with it. LFM should draw up their own internal guidelines to deal with this. 

This is the same issue with the torched cars. First FD complained there were not enough fire calls, car torching got added then they complained there were too many. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, EAST LOS MARVELOUS said:

Just make it easier for police to deal with, give them a command like /coroner which removes the body and have it NPC roleplayed if there’s no coroner online.

Thankfully, this command already exists! When no coroners are online, we can /sendtomorgue a corpse after sufficient NPC roleplay. The flipside of this is, when there's 1/2/3 coroner's online and ~20 bodies that need picking up, weeeelll... That's a long-ass wait.

15 minutes ago, Xerany said:

Thankfully, this command already exists! When no coroners are online, we can /sendtomorgue a corpse after sufficient NPC roleplay. The flipside of this is, when there's 1/2/3 coroner's online and ~20 bodies that need picking up, weeeelll... That's a long-ass wait.

I’m sure LFM could draw up guidelines around this. Allow /sendtomorgue to be used even when coroners are online, but only if they are engaged in roleplay already and the corpse isn’t part of an active crime scene (I.e. you just happen to drive past a corpse in an alley and you can’t see any evidence/need to establish a crime scene)

Maybe a timer on corpses wouldn’t go astray either? Make them disappear after 6 hrs or something.

Is there actually a cap on corpses and do they actually last indefinitely until removed? Could potentially create a drain on server resources if what you guys are saying isn’t exaggerated, which is why I believe there’s a time limit on spawned vehicles. Maybe corpses aren’t are intensive though? 🤔 

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, Xerany said:

Generally speaking we’ll send one coroner to each call and the rest of the bodies would be NPC’d (“ETA of more than an hour.”).

However, if there are twenty+ bodies at those three scenes, yeah, it’ll take a while. Each of those bodies, depending on who responds, will require a death investigation. (time of death, cause of death) which takes a lot of RP lines and imagination to achieve.

I frequently feel like I’ve just written an essay after one of those large scenes, so I understand the frustration, but I’m not entirely sure what else could happen that could speed up the process in that regard. 

Back on the topic though, I agree with a couple of the above posters. PKs should be temporary. CKs should be permanent. 

• Upvote 1

The Scrolls foretold of a prophecy... that if the corpses ever became permanent in the World, then so would the community raise their voice in protest and shout "what the hell, did no one think this through? did they forget our complaints a few months ago about no one responding to dead body calls already?"

Then again, you don't need an Elder Scroll to have seen this coming. Pretty sure even Stevie Wonder would've seen this coming.

• Upvote 2