Rules of Engagement — July 2023 Rediscussion

khadijeh.

maybe just get rid of mercs for bikers since everyone's complaining about the mc scene and mercs.

this makes a lot more sense!

i think what we need to talk about is... how do we make wars less... painful?

wars in general are so ass rn and have been for a while. all people do is hide and then cry about it brings no roleplay. just get it over and done with, there is no roleplay when it comes to war. its just a dick measuring contest featured by 50 reports.

sure it's very realistic for you to be hiding, but doing up tom n jerry 24/7 isnt fun for anyone. we all want to get back to rping, surely IFM can push something into the ROE that makes people go out instead of hiding 24/7.

Edited by frost.
  • Upvote 4

Wars aren't fun, and they generally kill activity for factions and can be the death for most factions. Often you'll just see wars resorting to attrition tactics where everyone is camping inside of interiors, you just wait for someone to get caught outside and rinse and repeat. Businesses in these areas stop opening, they might often just never open again. This affects civilians and local players to these areas and the server as a whole.

I've personally been in a couple factions where wars completely killed the faction and the concept just archived after the war's conclusion. Conflict and wars should be in the game, but there needs to be a system that defines the length of the war and there needs to be some sort of incentive that pushes for wars to be ended sooner rather than later. One, maybe two IRL weeks seems okay, but after that and players begin to become disgruntled and activity nose dives. 

The most fun I've had is in what I consider minor beefs, where both sides are just tagging up turfs, fist fighting and netbanging. This has been done in the past between T4K vs TGS back in the day, and was a lot of fun. Once it gets to the shooting phase, I lose all interest and a majority of the RP tends to go out the window at that phase. I think that IFM should be more involved with setting the terms and conditions of wars from the start, because almost every war between major factions seems to end with an IFM ruling, often a faction gets closed down and there's often just a lot of bad blood and grudges ooc. 

Edited by CowboyYoda22
  • Upvote 2

If you’re going to keep mercenaries, allow Unofficial factions to have mercenaries if they are the defensive faction.

It really sucks as an unofficial faction when you’re pulled into a war you tried to diplomatically diffuse and you’re already the smaller and undersupplied faction out of the two. So now not only do you have to fight back with less people, less weapons, no allies, less help from IFM, you’re also getting smoked by masked mercenaries that you can only hope to shoot from a defensive position while the official faction you’re actually at war with just chills lowkey and doesn’t actually engage in the conflict themselves. 

• Upvote 10

Masknames during conflicts should be banned from being used, usage makes it difficult to understand who you've been killed from or either creates abuses such as misusages of the /ex. 

— 

Allies are able to join only in case their interests are directly related due to the conflict. 

— 

Better definition of blockwiping as a whole. Currently, if a faction is in a conflict and doesn't want to be hit first, only needs to group up all the members together.

— 

Force both the parties to show some kind of aggression once every a certain amount of time. If that doesn't happen, the  otherwise, the passive faction will be decleared as loser. 

• Upvote 10
On 7/25/2023 at 11:20 PM, sribvlad said:

Add some sort of requirements for mercenaries.

Clarify the rules regarding circling a specific turf/faction area.
Disallow "locals" (unaffiliated members of a faction that are in the faction) from attacking or allow people to kill them. 

Nah, not the rules regarding turf area, it ruins rp. It also add an ooc element of knowing people hang out instead of finding ic. Also your "local" rule is not realistic. "Locals" in real life sell drugs, do exortition, murder and get exploited by "factions" your "rank" has no relevance to what you can br involved in unless it's some 60's mafia type shit.

On 7/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, paisaporvida said:

Masknames during conflicts should be banned from being used, usage makes it difficult to understand who you've been killed from or either creates abuses such as misusages of the /ex. 

— 

Allies are able to join only in case their interests are directly related due to the conflict. 

— 

Better definition of blockwiping as a whole. Currently, if a faction is in a conflict and doesn't want to be hit first, only needs to group up all the members together.

— 

Force both the parties to show some kind of aggression once every a certain amount of time. If that doesn't happen, the  otherwise, the passive faction will be decleared as loser. 

Ok but realistically allies joining a war doesn't need a direct incentive, helping people who would help you is a big enough incentive.

Ok, now my first idea is to upgrade the police tracking system. Add more forensic scripts, how in-depth yous can go? Idk I'm not a dev. Is it possible to add cameras or would that take up too much resources? I think the main reason people can dm so easy is that police will not find out ur who done it unless they see it with their own eyes or catch the person in the car. 

My second idea is for ifm's to monitor wars better and add bonuses for the winning side, in real life wars start because someone is blocking someone from making money (most of the time). The winning side could maybe get a choice of drugs, money, guns etc... But then again on world 99 percent of wars are done just for pvp fun.

Maybe add permission to war before warring where you need to show your factions ifm why you want to war with set faction.

When it comes to mercenaries I think there should be a lot more strictness of it. You could add if a mercenary is killed in the attack they are ck'd. It would add a lot more of thought before going in guns blazing for the fun of it. 

Another thing about the ck's, you could makes ck's a lot easier during war than it is now. I'm not saying all wars should be a full on ck war but being in illegal rp should have a lot more consequence to it than dying 5 times a day and acting like it didn't happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • slothy locked this topic