Rules of Engagement — July 2023 Rediscussion

khadijeh.

1 hour ago, FNSevN said:

dont change anything its good the way it is, The guy commenting above me probably just gets smoked every war thats why he wrote an Essay, No disrespect to anybody I'm just stating my opinion.  

I feel like comments like these is why people crash out over wars, they see it as TDM instead of RP. This is also why people cheat and break the rules to get a couple PKs off.

The whole notion of killing "locals" during a war and using "bystanders get killed all the time" as an excuse is also funny considering the rate of death in the game. Sure let's allow people to just kill randoms two day into RP because they were seen once or twice RPing with a faction, I'm sure that'd want them to keep on wanting to roleplay in a gang or black gang rp in general to be specific (the demographic this is mostly affected by).

If wars were roleplay'd properly, I'd agree to some sort of consequence to losing them, I also think that some sort of OOC video should be provided before a kill is deemed valid if you want to punish people for losing wars, even still it's just gonna add to the ego trip trying to win a war already has and people will go through leaps and bounds to win them.

• Upvote 2

The downside to not being allowed to kill locals is that people claim half their faction are locals. They’ll use that member to sell drugs, scout, tag walls, even go slide on drills. But as soon as you kill that person it’s “HE’S ONLY A LOCAL”. 

If they’re in your fscript prior to the war commencing it should be fair game from an ooc perspective, unless otherwise dictated in war terms. 

• Upvote 5

In any and all conflicts escalated to gunplay, fresh characters may not be used by factions as participating individuals or any form of mercenary.

This is a little vague, could we clarify what a fresh character is with a time or activity requirement? Is it okay for the character to be created prior to conflict being escalated to gunplay or does the character need a certain amount of hours etc?

Turf camping is disallowed in the ROE, but the ROE doesn’t define what constitutes turf camping. How long can you wait in an enemy’s turf before it’s considered camping. If you follow an enemy into their turf and they enter an interior and you hide there and wait for them to exit, is that okay or is it still considered camping. What about factions that share turf? Does reconnaissance on an enemy turf count as turf camping? (I.e. watching into an enemy turf from afar with a camera)

Usage of motorcycles or off-road bikes is not necessarily prohibited, but driving on one of these vehicles while carrying a large firearm will be considered powergaming and result in an automatic Conflict PK.

Define large firearm, is this weapons utilising rifle, shotgun and long-range ammo? Are compact rifles okay? Does this only apply to the driver, or can a passenger carry a large firearm in a duffel bag?

5 hours ago, tony genovese said:

I feel like comments like these is why people crash out over wars, they see it as TDM instead of RP.

Take in account also the visibility of motivations behind a war- which will in many instances stay hidden from the public, or even the footsoldiers fighting the war.

Unless I am somewhat aware of the acting characters' motives, know who is fighting whom, who's allied with whom and so on, many shootings will look random and pointless to me.

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 1

i think locals not taking part in a war is fair. you're supposed to identify targets even in a war as well as a hit, and a lot of times, wars devolve into a car of four masked spinning a block and killing everyone with a name they think fits the demographic of the faction they're at war with. that's not only NOT identifying a target, you're just essentially killing random civilians at that point.

so maybe some rule clarification regarding locals in fac script would be very useful.

and some extra emphasis on identifying targets is clearly sorely needed.

9 hours ago, EAST LOS MARVELOUS said:

The downside to not being allowed to kill locals is that people claim half their faction are locals. They’ll use that member to sell drugs, scout, tag walls, even go slide on drills. But as soon as you kill that person it’s “HE’S ONLY A LOCAL”. 

If they’re in your fscript prior to the war commencing it should be fair game from an ooc perspective, unless otherwise dictated in war terms. 

this is also an issue, and why i think it would be super helpful for IFM to be a bit more stern in what a local role is, what you can do with them, and things they shouldn't be allowed to take part in until they're affiliated.

Edited by KFA
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, sribvlad said:

Add some sort of requirements for mercenaries.

Could add like a minimum of hours played on the character + a minimum hours played during the last 15 days which is shown on the /stats. 

I find it silly that there are people who only play when there's a war going on. Like literally, as soon as a war kicks off they come back from their "loa" and start blasting people, it doesn't matter that they haven't actually roleplayed anything on the character for the last 3-4 months, they still come back and roleplay the connection to the faction just to have an excuse to shoot shit up. Same with the people who create and fast track characters just so they can participate in a war. "Yo bro, can my char be your cousin. Give me an AR and say I get 40k and I will go blast them." Then after the war they go on another "loa" or "retire" and the whole cycle starts over whenever the next war kicks off.

Edited by notoriousdancso
  • Upvote 4

Allow factions to discuss terms with IFM at the begining of a war so things are clear from the get go. Myself I'd love to see attack timers reduced or removed but I know some will and some won't agree with that. But the good ol days on LSRP SAMP where wars could be over and done with in 1-2 days were bliss.

Enforce more people to take an 'L' rather than reporting ridiculous things. 

• Upvote 5

no mercs during a war as a whole. keep it to allies only. allies are defined as factions who have reasons to get involved because they were DIRECTLY affected.

I've never seen a single instance where mercenaries have properly been used where they make sense. 

most of the mercs bein used in wars so far have been some random albanian, certified crip or armenian who have 0 involvement and coincidentally ooc friends

don't be getting into wars ur not gonna fight in if ur gonna hire a bunch of randoms who have 0 involvement

(keep biker wars strictly mc on mc wars too. that's how it goes irl, they carry out their own dirty work. seen mcs on the server hire serbians, armenians, mexicans  + 20 more ethnic criminals to go out on hits for them in the past. MCs are notoriously known for getting down themselves)

Edited by parkin lot pimpin
  • Upvote 7

Get rid of mercenaries completely just bombards reality and realism especially in between wars.

Example a random biker gang enters another war with another gang one is official and one is unofficial. The official one pulls in some random OCG that realistically has no place in their beef.

Its not new news that a lot of factions just use their OOC buddies as mercenaries.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • slothy locked this topic