Let's talk about the fuel changes

HappyGecko

Just now, HappyGecko said:

My car does not have the capacity of a bike, that being a 10L gas tank. If you RP a job that needs driving...taxi driver, a cop...you name it. Trust me, it is not fun to keep visiting an LTD after a 1 hour shift.

Yeah, but, I mean, my state doesn't have the area of a small neighborhood either, that being 5 minutes to circle it. If you drive a lot, you consume a lot of fuel. Simple laws of physics. It's not an impediment, it's a feature that forces you to RP and interact with your environment more.

It's an "experimental" fuel nerf that nobody in this thread has yet to try out. At the moment the complaint is "they have changed fuelling and I don't like the idea of change." Experimental means it is open to be tweaked.

The experience of many players (clearly not all) is that they can go weeks without fuelling even when logging in and driving daily, making it a feature that seems redundant in its current form. I am hoping for many this change will become a habit that won't feel punishing.

Obviously there is going to be a tiny minority that spends all their rp time driving around, who will feel it worse than the rest. But again, if you rp is 90% car driving, fuelling should be a realistic concern. 

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 4

I don't know which one of you is delusional enough to want to play the game as if it's some PUBG / Sims / Zomboid simulation but this change isn't and hasn't been it. I don't care to refuel my car 3 times in an hour when I'm busy role-playing in game what I actually play the server for. This needs to be balanced if it won't be completely taken away.

• Upvote 2

So glad I drive an electric car.

It's experimental guys, give it a chance. It's supposed to be realistic on the driving, maybe it encourages more RP. No one's asking you to do chores, every RP server has a fuel system. I see this being positive, could push people towards electric if it lasts longer and is convenient or it could make people car pool cause they don't have a car that's good on gas.

It's all about immersion. It's supposed to be inconvenient.

• Upvote 5
16 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

It's not live right now. It has been live yesterday due to a mistake on their part. It will be pushed by tomorrow. 

I highly doubt that considering the range on my electric car has been way smaller for the past few days now. Regardless, it's something that received positive feedback on a suggestion thread. Its a good change.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Frezemis said:

So glad I drive an electric car.

It's experimental guys, give it a chance. It's supposed to be realistic on the driving, maybe it encourages more RP. No one's asking you to do chores, every RP server has a fuel system. I see this being positive, could push people towards electric if it lasts longer and is convenient or it could make people car pool cause they don't have a car that's good on gas.

It's all about immersion. It's supposed to be inconvenient.

I get all this. I have a taxi character, and sure, I would appreciate if more people called for a cab! However, I doubt this will push people to do so. There is nothing immersive about standing at a gas station for 15 seconds to refuel your car. I see the reasons behind it, I really do. A fuel system is absolutely needed, but with realistic fuel capacity in mind. But yeah, this thread was not to simply complain about something that is an experiement, I just want people to leave their opinions for any future discussions about said topic 🙂 

• Upvote 1