[Guide] High-Quality Menyoo Guide 2023

KussArsch

High-Quality Menyoo Guide 2023

This guide is purely to elaborate on more modern ways to step up your Menyoo game. This will not be going over the initial set up as honey./jessica's guide explains that perfectly and next to nothing has changed with that.

BvbebyT.jpgfb_785508d6652ae51d088a5ba13245735a.png

Adding Mods, Animations, & Props

You're going to want to add custom hairs, clothing, animations, props, etc. into your game. Typically you can find things that suit aesthetically fit your character. Make sure you are using OpenIV in edit mode for everything involved with mods. You'll want to follow the mpclothes guide located in the mods & menyoo club discord.

GTAW Props: This file is made by the lovely @Tiddy. This file is going to be required into your GTA V singe player if you want any property XML's to work properly. Otherwise you're going to run into missing furniture items, walls, flooring, etc. Just follow Tiddy's guide on installation. 

You'll notice in Tiddy's thread that there is three files to help the dlc increased size. The files are going to be gameconfig, heapadjuster, and packfile limit adjuster each download link should be listed out on Tiddy's thread.  These files are REQUIRED in your GTA V game because more than likely you'd crash 9/10 times if not.

The gamconfig is going to follow this installation path GTA V > mods > update > update.rpf > common > data.

The other two files heapadjuster and packfile limit adjuster will just be placed into your main GTA V directory. (You don't need to be in OpenIV for this step).

GTAW Hairs: The files aren't going to completely have a lot of the new hairs that GTAW offers now in game, but it's still a really good amount of custom hairs.

Once you have downloaded the file and extracted it, you'll need to place 3 separate folders into the following directory within OpenIV.

The installation path is GTA V > mods > update > x64 > dlcpacks. It should look like this:

9d3ba222aff17b7b1c571229fd0c33c5.png

Once you have done that, we need to locate the dlclist.xml. This should be in the following path GTA V > mods > update > update.rpf > common > data

When you have gotten there, double click the dlclist.xml to bring it up to be edited. It's going to look a little crazy, but it's a simple copy and paste.

You'll need to copy and paste the following:  

<Item>dlcpacks:/gtahairs/</Item>
<Item>dlcpacks:/gtawhairfemale/</Item>
<Item>dlcpacks:/gtawhairmale/</Item>

Not that you have pasted those into your dlclist.xml, all you have to do is save and you can exit! Should look like this:

54c0609d148efb849c6bcb3498d46dd0.png

Clothing: There is a mass wide variety of clothing all over for GTA V ranging from free items to even people with paid items. For the purpose of showing how to install a piece of clothing, I'm just going to direct you to this following website: https://www.gta5-mods.com/player. This website has many free clothing, hair, accessories etc. You're going to want to make sure that you are downloading MP Female of MP male, though. They will not work otherwise. 

For an example I'm going to be downloading the following shoe mod: https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/mp-female-cute-sneaks

Once the file is downloaded, we're going to extract it. The file should look like this once opened: 

e35ebb539a05265af6e3fac8c7e9c3f5.png

We're going to need to locate over to our mpclothes folder that should be in the mods folder.

Path should be the following:

GTA V > mods > update > x64 > dlcpacks > mpclothes > dlc1.rpf > x64 > models > cdimages > mpclothes_female.rpf > mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_clothes_01

You're going to directly drag and drop ALL of those files into that mpclothes folder. Boom, then the shoes should be in your game!

eef622dac17e3fc497b5ac0e107f3a36.png

One thing to specifically notate about any clothing/hair mods is that you're going to want to make sure they aren't overlapping numbers when you drop them into the mpclothes folder. It will continuously just replace the existing file if you don't correct the names from overlapping. 

Example:

Let's say I download the file above mentioned for the shoes. The file is currently named feet_025_u.ydd. You're going to want to change the last three numbers to be more suiting for your folder. So, I could simply just increase it to feet_026_u.ydd if I don't already have a file named that. Then, you'd want to proceed to rename the rest of the files that came with the shoes in order to make sure the different colors work. 

Animations: The old way to do Menyoo consisted of you compiling a bunch of animations together until something looked half way decent, very similar to how the custom animation script works in game. Luckily, now many very talented people have made animations for us just to download and use directly into Menyoo! 

Firstly, we're going to need to install the Custom Animations add on. Which can be found here, https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/custom-animations-add-on-customanims.

Once the folder is downloaded you are going to follow basically the same steps as mpclothes, gtawprops, and gtawhairs.

The installation path will be GTA V > mods > update > x64 > dlcpacks

42e27349500bc9223c19bca0483571bb.png

Then, you need to update your dlclist.xml. This should be in the following path GTA V > mods > update > update.rpf > common > data

When you have gotten there, double click the dlclist.xml to bring it up to be edited.

You'll need to copy and paste the following:  

<Item>dlcpacks:/customanims/</Item>

Not that you have pasted those into your dlclist.xml, all you have to do is save and you can exit! Should look like this:

30155889abe957232475881f774b7af3.png

Now, let's download an animation together, because there is one more step you need to do other than simply drag and dropping to make it work.

Personally, I am in LOVE with smo's animations. Their discord strugglesville is going to have a lot of nice free ones as well. 

Now, that you are in the discord, you should be able to find a channel that says da freebies. I'm going to download the Female Pose Pack #11.

2a025106962a83aa993730eb56414a4d.png

You're going to extract the file and open up the folder that says Female Pose Pack #11. All you have to do is move the YCD file's into your custom anims folder. Don't move the PNG file it's just there as a reference to what the animations look like. 

The installation path is GTA V > mods  > update > x64 > dlcpacks >customanims > dlc.rpf > x64 > anim > ingame > [email protected]

Should look like this: 

(bare with all my animations, I have a lot.)

4ca698db619438c49a6291db917a8fb4.png

Now, that the animations are in the customanims folder, we need to do a final step. This does not need to be done in OpenIV.

You're going to pull up the "READ ME!!!" text document from the Female Pose Pack #11 download.

Then you will go to your normal Grand Theft Auto V folder and go to menyoo stuff, then FavouriteAnims

The installation path for me is as follows:

Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Grand Theft Auto V > menyoostuff > FavouriteAnims

Double click the  FavouriteAnims XML file and you're going to copy over from the "READ ME!!!" text document:

<Anim dict="anim@female_model_20" name="f_model_20_clip" />
    <Anim dict="anim@female_model_21" name="f_model_21_clip" />
    <Anim dict="anim@female_model_22" name="f_model_22_clip" />
    <Anim dict="anim@female_model_23" name="f_model_23_clip" />
    <Anim dict="anim@female_selfie_07" name="f_selfie_07_clip" />
    <Anim dict="anim@female_selfie_08" name="f_selfie_08_clip" />

Copy this into your FavouriteAnims document, then remember to save it before exiting. Now that animation should be in the Menyoo menu under favorites! 

d6692bd4706748ce5e7338209015b805.png

Props: This is the way I do my props. There is a mod that is called "addonprops", but quite honestly it confuses the hell out of me and I find this way much easier!

I'm going to give you a free phone mod that does the trick. 

You can find the phone here: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/apple-iphone-14-pro-max

Once that is downloaded, you're going to need to extract it. I'm going to use the phone with the Flash-Light ON option, so open up that folder.

You're going to notice the file is named p_amb_coffeecup_01.ydr. Go over to your GTA V  > mods folder and go into the search bar in the top right.

Paste "p_amb_coffeecup_01.ydr" into the search bar and hit enter. It's going to say No Items match your search, click the option below it like so:

91d2a105965b7af8fb465e50c5a0165a.png

Now, it's going to search every single archive for that name. You're going to need to replace the file where it's located. DO NOT replace any file unless it's in the mods folder, otherwise you're going to completely ruin your game. 

d66c2991cb9d8f656fdd203f2e62012e.png

Double click that option and make sure it redirects you to a mods folder, drag and drop the file from your phone download folder, and then boom it's done! Should be in your game under that exact name.  Looks like so: 

b0ae2df9a7fb94f25600643a7c1d5840.png

That's pretty much everything on a set up of how to get the basics to a great photo in game!

Creators: 

These are just some really great creators that I've personally come across. There are so many more as well, but these are my favorites.

These range anywhere from clothing. hair, animations, props, etc.

Some of these people are even in game companies!

Strugglesville
Sugar Vault

Haute

Classy Mods

kaykaymods

Vynty

Bxtchy

Photo Time

I created this video with no voice over, just going to list all my steps below!

You're going to see me click around a lot, because I have fog brain and move all over, but I'll put the direct paths below for each step.

Video: https://streamable.com/84923g

Now that all of the set up is done, we're going to go into the actual GTA V game.

It should be notated that for best results of your character/property that you should download the property XML file and character XML file which can be found on the UCP.

I'll be using my character Lia for example today.

- As soon as GTA V has loaded up, I am going into menyoo with F8, and I'm going to load in my characters house XML.

F8 > Object Spooner > Managed Saved Files > lia house > load placements

(All newly downloaded property XML's will be the property name, I just renamed mine to that).

It's going to load in our GTAW Mapped house and teleport us right to the entry!

- Now that I have my house in place, I just kind of find a spot that I want to set up for the picture. I decided on something close to the cat tree with Maxwell.

Then, I need to load in my character. I already have my character set up from previous menyoos and her XML.

F8 >  Object Spooner > Spawn Entity Into World >  Ped > Search > Freemode Female/Freemode Male 

Before, I completely dress up the ped, I actually just go ahead and place them near the area that I want the picture at.

So, I'm going to attach the ped to my Franklin character and just place the ped near the cat tree.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Freemode Female > Attachment Options > Attach To Something > Self

Then, I'm going to apply Lia's clothing/xml next to the Freemode Female ped.

Typically, if this is your first time going into menyoo, your XML file is going to be basically nothing except the face, makeup, and maybe hair.

I've already done a lot of photos with Lia, so my XML file is going to already have her set up with hair, clothes, accessories, etc.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Freemode Female > Ped Options > Wardrobe > Outfits > Your character > Apply

Now, you're going to watch me scroll through my clothing options. I just did something quick for the purpose of the video, but I encourage going into each of your components and just exploring what looks best on your character.

Like, I said before I already have a lot of things pre-saved for Lia, so her nails, accessories, and all of that are already on her model. 

Next, is picking out the animation.

I was trying to go for a pose that could place Lia near her cat and maybe lean up against the cat tree. 

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Freemode Female > Ped Options > Animations

I scroll through the poses for a bit of time, trying to see what I like best.

Once I have settled on something that I like, I'll move on to position Lia a little closer to the cat tree itself.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Freemode Female > Manual Placement

Kind of just play around with the options there until I find what seems suitable.

Sometimes I will turn off the Collision and Gravity, because it makes it easier to place the ped.

If you don't turn off those options they'll end up just bumping into your furniture and won't ever really mesh into it.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Freemode Female > Gravity (turn red) > Collision (turn red)

Her position is as good as I think I'm going to make it, so I'll spawn in a phone for her to hold now, since this is a selfie pose.

I have all of my phones that I've downloaded favorited, so I can easily access them, I just suggest doing that as well when you find the item.

Object Spooner  > Spawn Entity Into World >  Object > Favourites

I'm just going to do the same step, I did firstly when placing Lia by attaching the phone object to my Franklin character.

I'll move the item a bit closer to Lia, so it's easier for me to manually place it after.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Phone Object > Attachment Options > Attach To Something > Self

Once the phone is close enough for my liking and the camera is positioned to face outward, I'll just manually place the rest for it to be positioned into her hand.

Like before just kind of play around with this till it looks correct.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > Phone Object > Manual Placement

Lia is all set for the photo now! You MUST record this in third person with F1, or once you go into Rockstar Editor, it won't work.

Before your record, I'd highly suggest messing with the Weather Options and setting it to clear, so there is not smog/fog/rain.

And, going into the Time Options. The time 6 is great for a golden hour. Turn Pause Clock Time to green as well to avoid time change during recording.

I, personally for Lia's vibe like to do night time photos and add a work light to brighten it up, so you're going to see me set the Time Options to 2.

Then, I'm going to spawn in a work light for the photo.

Object Spooner  > Spawn Entity Into World >  Object > prop_worklight_01a

Then, like the other items. I am going to attach it to Franklin, positioning it a bit closer for easy help. 

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > prop_worklight_01a > Attachment Options > Attach To Something > Self

And, after I am going to go into manual placement and just position it, so hopefully no weird shadows show and her whole body is lightened nicely.

Object Spooner > Manage Entity Database > prop_worklight_01a > Manual Placement

F1 record in third person, then before I jump into Rockstar Editor this step is critical.

DELETE everything, otherwise you are going to end up with double ped's in rockstar editor and there is no way to fix it.

Object Spooner >  Mange Entity Database > Removal > Delete All Entities in Database

Finally, we can go into Rockstar Editor to snag my picture!

If you've ever used /editor in game, rockstar editor is quite similar. You really just need to play around with the photo until you think it's in a good area to snap a screenshot.

I will drag the video time around, until I find a good spot where I feel like she is looking down at the camera and it seems like she is really taking a mirror selfie.

Then, I'll turn the camera horizontal and just position to snap several photos from there.

I use the F12 screenshots for my menyoo photos to go to my steam directory. 

After that I personally just use PicsArt editor on my iPhone and will edit my photos in there.

I know a lot of people like to use photoshop and Honey's youtube tutorial does a great job of showing how to edit your menyoo photos in photoshop.

Here is my before & after photo of Lia, I decided the cat was too much of an odd angle to include, unfortunately: 

H4ItTPR.jpgCP3WkCe.jpg

I truly hope that this tutorial was helpful. I had many questions and A LOT of confusion when I first started menyoo, and I'm still learning. I was attempting to cover a lot of the basic that I felt left me confused/seeking further explanation. 

Special thanks to some of my amazing friends who taught me what I know!

@Fireworks @honkstars @Hypnotic @Mattel

Edited by KussArsch
  • Upvote 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

Very nice guide, it covers all the basic stuff people usually ask about

This is also another guide I followed when I first started to make menyoos it doesnt cover how to get animations in and all that but it covers how to position ur camera etc, this is how most illegal rpers make their menyoos vvv

• Upvote 1