Completely ban /flipcoin and /roll roleplay.

CYCOSOCIAL

Any person that uses /roll, without the consent of other parties, to determine the outcome of a situation, is powergaming. It already breaches the rules under "powergaming". Report people for powergaming if they do this.

/Thread

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, DLimit said:

Any person that uses /roll, without the consent of other parties, to determine the outcome of a situation, is powergaming. It already breaches the rules under "powergaming". Report people for powergaming if they do this.

/Thread

20230630175115_1.jpg

Just one of many examples of what happens when you tell someone it is PG right now. I reported as it happened and I ended up waiting so long I just trashed the report. There needs to be mention of this particular instance of PG in the rules. This happens to me almost daily. There is no point attempting to explain to these people it is PG because the rules aren't specific enough, and there's no point reporting it because you end up waiting 1 hr by which point they've reported you for stalling or the scene long ago ended.

No thank you, it's a perfectly fine definition of balancing roleplay and letting the luck of the flipcoin decide the outcome of scenes. Obviously it can't be used in certain scenarios, but if you find people not use it properly, just report them on the forums. Just because certain roleplayers can't use it properly, doesn't mean the decent ones shouldn't be able to use it.

6 minutes ago, vortus said:

20230630175115_1.jpg

Just one of many examples of what happens when you tell someone it is PG right now. I reported as it happened and I ended up waiting so long I just trashed the report. There needs to be mention of this particular instance of PG in the rules. This happens to me almost daily. There is no point attempting to explain to these people it is PG because the rules aren't specific enough, and there's no point reporting it because you end up waiting 1 hr by which point they've reported you for stalling or the scene long ago ended.

hater

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Timzii said:

No thank you, it's a perfectly fine definition of balancing roleplay and letting the luck of the flipcoin decide the outcome of scenes. Obviously it can't be used in certain scenarios, but if you find people not use it properly, just report them on the forums. Just because certain roleplayers can't use it properly, doesn't mean the decent ones shouldn't be able to use it.

Like everybody else to post in this thread, you have once again not read what the thread is asking. Nobody is asking to remove coinflip or diceroll, you can keep it for your personal RP. We're asking that a precedent be set in the rules just stating somewhere that walking up to someone, hitting a successful dice roll and expecting them to bend over backwards to your demands is not allowed. It's powergaming that pretends to have some modicum of fairness and there is no specific mention of this anywhere in the rules stating you're free to ignore coin flips or whether you're expected to obey.

34 minutes ago, vortus said:

20230630175115_1.jpg

That applies in any given situation, not just with /flipcoin. There are people that have zero concern for the rules, and adding this in will still result in mass rule breaches because these same people will engage in DM, VDM, PG, and MG, regardless of the rules being explained in a clear and concise manner. So, it seems pointless adding this in when we all know that it's Powergaming, except for those that would breach the rules, anyway.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, vortus said:

and there's no point reporting it because you end up waiting 1 hr by which point they've reported you for stalling or the scene long ago ended.

You're not supposed to stall roleplay. /report and keep roleplaying. If there's no admin response, make a forum report. 

5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

You're not supposed to stall roleplay. /report and keep roleplaying. If there's no admin response, make a forum report. 

I'm aware, thanks, I have been around long enough, it was just an example of how futile both options are - if you stall the scenario to wait for an admin, you're in the wrong, and if you continue by the time the admin answers it's too late. You're looking at this from an idealistic standpoint where there's 2000000 admins just waiting on standby to tend your every whim (which isn't the case, they've often way more important things to do). In reality, do you think I'm going to waste my time writing a forum report, potentially debating back and forth over a /flipcoin scenario for the handling admin to potentially just give them a warning or take no action because it is so petty? Wait 2 weeks for it to be picked up? Over something like this? These type of things can't be reported after the fact and I mean this as no insult but you're acting incredibly - I'd almost say wilfully - dense to not see this. The forum report section right now is 7 pages total, were I to make a forum report every time this occurs and they tell me to fuck off IG I'd turn that 7 pages into 17 pages in the span of 2 weeks. But I tell you what, MJ. The next time this happens, I'll report it (again). The report won't get answered sub 1 hr (by which point everybody has logged off or the scene is long gone), so I'll take it to the forums and we can have a little game. My prediction is I'll get called petty. The admin will dish a verbal warning - resulting in a waste of everybody's time over what could have been a "/pm ID hey bro u cant do that see in the rules it says about coinflips under PG?" which takes 10 seconds opposed to the current "what are u smoking bro its not pg 4 me 2 force my success against u upon u theres no mention anywhere shut up n rp nerd" followed by the hour wait, then inevitable forum report that concludes with no action taken. I will, out of the spirit of proving my point, actually do as I've alleged next time. When it turns out I've wasted far more of my time attempting to seek punitive action against someone for very little reason other than revenge (given the actual scenario is long over) we'll come back and discuss this again I guess. 😢