Mandatory Age Check at New Player Application

jcat

No, this hurts the server.

As a quick example again, just reading reddit today on a thread that brought a smile to my face I witnessed this free evil comment which even if I read daily messages like this, still truly hurts :
01RC46p.png

GTAW needs to protect itself, and having a basic age checkbox and age note in character descriptions will go a long way towards that.

Edited by jcat
Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

What an outrageous suggestion. I'll never give my irl ID to someone on a roleplaying game, and 80% of others won't either.

Then take that up with Alexandra, since it was her idea.  irl ID's have nothing to do with my suggestion.

Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

What an outrageous suggestion. I'll never give my irl ID to someone on a roleplaying game, and 80% of others won't either.

Have fun killing the server if you limit the age to over 18 players. I guarantee you there’s a lot of people here under 18.

1 hour ago, bncal said:

I know that you never suggested sending ids.

I know, man.  That was Alexandra's idea.

My suggestion was only an application checkbox and a note in the IC description, but there are a lot of posts in the thread now and people might skim over, that's why I stated it again.

Just now, mattmocz said:

Have fun killing the server if you limit the age to over 18 players.

That's for the staff to decide.

If the staff goes with an all-ages server, then an age note in the description would help all players stay within the rules.

2 hours ago, Cara said:

You don’t have to ERP you know?

47 minutes ago, Ted said:

How about y'all just stop being horny?

If that's where your mind goes while the staff is trying to develop ways to protect players, that's on you.

With over 18 or under 18 marked on the character description, it will give all players the info they need to make sure their conduct is appropriate.  If the player is under 18, do you really want to say fuck, shit, and bitch in front of them?  Do you really want to depict violence and crime in front of them?

World of Warcraft has official hosted servers by Blizzard specifically meant for RP. Erp is a plague in these servers and they have never asked for players' ages to access the game. It's a much worse problem in WoW. You can read the most vile shit imaginable. They know this happens on their platform and it's ignored. The staff team here has actually taken measures against it where it's a much smaller problem.

This is a 18+ game that we use as a platform to roleplay on. I shouldn't have to change how my character behaves around minors by cussing less or not being violent. What sort of roleplay would minors be involved in then? 

They can't be cops. They can't be criminals. None of their characters should cuss? Can't roleplay being violent because it's not appropriate. This would create so many barriers that you'd essentially be roleplaying a goody two shoes if you're a minor.