Moving Vehicle mods from server side to client side

Mossey

So as the title states is this possible?

As the current car mods (i believe) that was imported in patch 1.9 have caused my performance issues such as stuttering?

Next question would this possible solve the issue?

If not feel free to L&A.

Have you actually confirmed it's the vehicles causing issues? If you wish to test them yourself in SP, you can do that easily by extracting the dlc.rpf folders from the server IP's client_resources folder and then properly placing them in a mods folder using OpenIV.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you mean by moving them from server side to client side.

Edited by Marksman

From my knowledge your suggestion make no changes, these server side mods are downloaded to your client which then loads it for it to function on your end, your performance hit is gonna stay the same, if it really is the added vehicles causing the shuttering then having them removed is what would fix it and that seems unlikely to happen.

12 hours ago, Marksman said:

Have you actually confirmed it's the vehicles causing issues? If you wish to test them yourself in SP, you can do that easily by extracting the dlc.rpf folders from the server IP's client_resources folder and then properly placing them in a mods folder using OpenIV.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you mean by moving them from server side to client side.

Good point actually might be worth the test, I'll have a look into that soon. Although I'm not familiar with how to install mods on OpenIV it's confusing. 

I haven't of course checked if it is them causing the problems, but with my stutter as said in like previous topics it happened around patch 1.8 going onto 1.9 as soon as we switched to 1.9 that's when my problem came into play I've had a look around and it seems to be the only thing that happened around that time. At the moment it just seems to be speculation but there are many people suffering from the same problem since said update. 

12 hours ago, StoneFire said:

From my knowledge your suggestion make no changes, these server side mods are downloaded to your client which then loads it for it to function on your end, your performance hit is gonna stay the same, if it really is the added vehicles causing the shuttering then having them removed is what would fix it and that seems unlikely to happen.

11 hours ago, Lmao said:

Making it client side would not change a thing, still the same mods.

Thanks for letting me know, so my theory was that the mods where server sided i.e like samp servers with car mods on them, of course that can cause issues as anything being streamed from the sever rather then it physically being on your side may cause issues. Was just a theory. If that kind of makes sense? 

It's strange as I've used car mods on the base game previously so I've had no issues. 

My specs are fairly up there in terms of GTA V

I've got a i5 4690k @ 4.6 GHz (always been OC'd I've put it to basic, underclocked)

16GB Ram at 2400,MHz 

EVGA GTX 980 SC 

with a Nvme m.2

I've formatted my pc off aswell twice and installed just GTA V with all my driver's from around that time also, nothing changed. 

In addition I feel it's an optimisation issue somewhere along the lines, only thing I can label it down to is the fact my cpu is dated but it holds up on the base game very well no issues. People having the same problem as me tend to have a CPU that is dated or don't have additional threads such as people who have i.e i7 or Ryzen 

Edited by Mossey
2 hours ago, Screw said:

I had the same issue, stuttering and freezing, the only thing that fixed this for me was a whole HDD/ssd wipe and a fresh install of both windows and gta V (using r5 2600 and a GTX 1080)

I've done that multiple times the Nvme I bought was to try and fix this issue but it hasn't it's also been formatted, countless times, same as my windows ?

15 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

The car mods are already client side? Not sure what you mean

Well that solves that issue then.

Would it be possible to then take them from said folder and physically install them to my gane using openIV? It sounds strange but I hope it might fix the issue. If so anyone able to point me in the right direction?

1 minute ago, Mossey said:

Well that solves that issue then.

Would it be possible to then take them from said folder and physically install them to my gane using openIV? It sounds strange but I hope it might fix the issue. If so anyone able to point me in the right direction?

18 hours ago, Marksman said:

If you wish to test them yourself in SP, you can do that easily by extracting the dlc.rpf folders from the server IP's client_resources folder and then properly placing them in a mods folder using OpenIV.

Edited by Marksman
  • Bash locked this topic