New Job: Homeless/Bum

El Cid

Short description: Add a job for Homeless/Bums/Panhandlers

Detailed description: A new job class that allows for begging.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: /beg, /paybegger

How would your suggestion improve the server? The city needs more homeless and bums.  By adding the begging command, it could add another layer of texture to the city.  Also, by using the /paybegger command within an hour time frame, your character would be exempt from taxes on their hourly paycheck.  Win/win!

Additional information: I think it'd be cool!

Just now, Law said:

Not sure if this is a joke or not but you can literally pay people money already, just roleplay begging.

No I get that, but with this, if you donated, then you were get a tax right off for your next paycheck.  I know it's a tiny amount of money, but I thought it might be a fun little addition.  If not, no worries, I just like to try out ideas and brainstorm. ?

Just now, El Cid said:

No I get that, but with this, if you donated, then you were get a tax right off for your next paycheck.  I know it's a tiny amount of money, but I thought it might be a fun little addition.  If not, no worries, I just like to try out ideas and brainstorm. ?

I understand, most people earn a surplus amount of money anyway, whether it's from the hourly paychecks (~$500) or their job. Donating is sort of a money sink for people, a way to get rid of their money in small amounts. Getting tax refunds/reductions for giving away your own money would be the equivalent of not having lost that money, instead of the government taking it, it will be another player.

A charity on the other hand would be more fitting, since they don't pay nearly as many taxes as an organization made for profit. But even then, a non profit can still make income surplus without any script assisting them.

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Begging command? This is a roleplay server.

X10

Do you also want a boot throwing SWEP so that you can toss infinite shoes at people who do not pay you?

I walked around wearing no pants pretending to be a mentally unstable homeless man who wore shit and piss stained underwear.

Throw on some ratty clothing, stand in a busy area and harass everyone who walks past you asking for spare change.  It doesn't need a 'homeless job' or any special commands.

• Upvote 1