Should Police Vehicles Be Upgraded?

corsah

Just now, Glitch said:

I'll counter that by asking how is it realistic to evade PD in a car that costs half a million? Who would risk their assets like that?

I'd like you to focus on the fact that a police car can keep up with a car that costs half a milion. What you're saying is for a different topic. Stay on topic please.

Edited by Gambler
Just now, Glitch said:

I'll counter that by asking how is it realistic to evade PD in a car that costs half a million? Who would risk their assets like that?

How realistic is it to chase it in the first place? There's other ways to catch someone other than a pursuit. Chasing a high speed vehicle in a crowded area/city is something you don't see often, it could put other people in danger.

You know cops really don't have to chase you far, all they need is to get your license plate and they can find you later. Least that's what happens in my country, either that or they start shooting if you won't stop after few minutes. Besides if we used spike belts, people would just powergame them.

Also real life isn't a game and driving car in a high speed when trying to evade cops is way way more difficult than GTA. Which is also why many people end up off the road trying to run on foot at the end.

Police got a huge advantage over people that RP a regular criminal. Unless you get really lucky there is no way to evade LEO without a insanely expensive car. They also have the help of VOIP. The fact that there is no regular traffic like in real life also acts in FAVOR for the PD. As they barely loose eye contact due to the fact there is no traffic you can swerve through. It really doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if your car is slow, ther aren't enough corners you can take in that short of a time with the cars acceleration on default if you are driving a low end vehicle. There are a lot of cases in real life where 2004 cars for example loose around 6 cruisers just because they swerve and cut through traffic and run lights / intersections. There is just not enoigh traffic on the server. I'd rather have the cars nerfed than upgraded to be honest.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Glitch said:

It has happened before in real life. Sometimes PD see that the car is a high-end vehicle and don't even attempt to chase it lmao. I've seen it before in RL (Ik I sound typical as hell when I say that).